Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   please help need to know fast (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/181776-please-help-need-know-fast.html)

02CIVYEX 11-04-2004 12:10 PM

please help need to know fast

my car is messed up and i need it fixed before i go to odessa for a car show. cn anyone tell me how to fix my vtec its not working and not letting o past 4k dealer ship said it was vtec malfunction i would let them fix it but afraid warranty might not cover it like last time when i bent 13 valves. could it be my vtec selinoid oil pressure or the ecu or valves that need to be adjusted cause i dont think i adjusted them when i put the head back together with the new valves in CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME :help:

pbfoot 11-04-2004 01:15 PM

if you "fixed" the valves yourself, and i think a honda mechanic would know if you did or not, and your car was under warantee...then youre SOL (sh!t outa luck). you voided your warantee. should have taken it to honda in the first place.

dont screw it up anymore and just take it to honda to get it fixed. thats if you want a running car that is.

joe6680 11-04-2004 01:35 PM

Care to explain the problem a little better. What did you do when the problem happened? Did you adjust something or make any changes? How did you bend 13 valves in the first place? Are there any check lights on? You werent very detailed. It was like hey my vtec is broken please tell me how to fix it.

rEkKaShInObI 11-04-2004 01:39 PM

you owned yourself?!?! lol!!!!

take the thing to honda.

02CIVYEX 11-04-2004 02:04 PM

well it posted in the vehical/isussesproblems! but bent them racing sum dumb ediot i had already raced before. I over reved and the car just turned off. machine shop put the valves in for me and i put the head together to the block and i do have the check engine light on and aready checked with the dealership and said it was vtec malfunction. when i first bnt the valves dealership wanted to charge 375 o tear apart to see what it was and 1500 to fix

bluestreak 11-04-2004 02:10 PM

how did you over-rev? we've got a rev limiter, unless you shifted from third to second or something

joe6680 11-04-2004 02:13 PM

This sounds more like just a malfunction. Sounds like you really f***ed something up. Take it and get it fixed. Expect it to be expensive and take a while. I think ur screwed.

dirtySAMURAI 11-04-2004 02:28 PM

Or you could buy another engine for about half the price of fixing yours...

02CIVYEX 11-04-2004 02:35 PM

i was goin like 60 and was fixing to shift to 4th and instead i put it in 2nd. well it happened in nov 03 but fixed in january04 since then i've had it like that when i had put it together it was working fine then out of no where it didn't let me pass 4k rpm and to vtec was working for a while then like about a month or two it vtec felt wierd like it would workthen it stopped then work again before i got to the redline now it don't even work at all to only way i can go past 4k rpm is if i turn the car off and turn it back on but after i run past 4k couple of times it wont let again

02CIVYEX 11-04-2004 02:36 PM

where can i buy another engine with low mileage cause i have about 65k

joe6680 11-04-2004 02:45 PM

so let me get this straight...your engine was giving you problems and instead of having it looked at right away you drove it hoping it would fix itself? Man no offense but your an idiot. Word of advise if your oil light ever goes on I suggest you put some in b/c the problem wont just go away.

down_ 11-04-2004 06:31 PM

do you have a vafc II ?????

skipbarber 11-04-2004 08:10 PM

try reseting the ecu.

Blahman2 11-04-2004 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by 02CIVYEX
my car is messed up and i need it fixed before i go to odessa for a car show. cn anyone tell me how to fix my vtec its not working and not letting o past 4k dealer ship said it was vtec malfunction i would let them fix it but afraid warranty might not cover it like last time when i bent 13 valves. could it be my vtec selinoid oil pressure or the ecu or valves that need to be adjusted cause i dont think i adjusted them when i put the head back together with the new valves in CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME :help:

lol, just remove vtec!

I think some one suggested this in another post once and he was made fun of. Prob civictuner, he's the butt of all jokes!

CivicHX01 11-04-2004 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by SkipBarber
try reseting the ecu.

yea, that worked for me... my vtec malfunctioned outta nowhere once and i jus reset the ecu... been ok ever since *knocks on wood*

zachgeyer 11-04-2004 11:01 PM

damm

02CIVYEX 11-05-2004 10:41 AM

well my car as working fine until it didn't pass 4k rpm and check engine light came on. i didn't want to take i to the dealership cause afraid warranty wasn't going to cover it and charge an arm and a leg like last time to fix the valves. it is drivable but no vtec at all. i wish i had a vafcII so i can adjust the fuel cause the obdII said fuel system to rich. ive reseted ecu like 3or 4 times and light comes on but no vtec then like at5300 rpm the rev limiter kicks i third gear of its a saftey feuture. i don't wan to remove my vtec who does. could it be my valves not adjusted right

02CIVYEX 11-05-2004 11:07 AM

i need an vafcII so i an lower th fuel cause bdII sid fuel system to rich. i've reseted the ecu like 3 or 4 times but still no vtec and can't go pass 4k in third gear rev limiter kicks in. no idont want to remove my vtev who does. culd it be my valves not ajusted right

02CIVYEX 11-05-2004 11:15 AM

i need an vafcII so i an lower th fuel cause bdII sid fuel system to rich. i've reseted the ecu like 3 or 4 times but still no vtec and can't go pass 4k in third gear rev limiter kicks in. no idont want to remove my vtev who does. culd it be my valves not ajusted right