Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   T-Boned 04 Civic Si (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/181211-t-boned-04-civic-si.html)

mexinaction 10-31-2004 09:53 PM

T-Boned 04 Civic Si

Well this is how it happened........

Once Upon A time there were 4 cars cruisng, and Evo, and RSX, a Civic Sedan, and Civic Si. They were unseperable. Until, bwam bwam bwam, the Civic Si decided to stop at a stop sign and then looked both ways and started to go forward, when all of a sudden, out of the right field of his peripherial visions, he sees a grey mass. Turns out that the grey mass it an 86 Honda Prelude. And they meet unexpectedly. BWAM. She T-Bones the Civic Si. :cry:

Well as you can see in the pics, there was only daameg to the door, going tomorrow to the body shop and get estimates. ****ed up part is he has only had the Si for about month and a half. Lets all pray for the recovery of this beautiful Si. Amen

:_doh: :cry: :cry: :cry: :nono: :hithead: :hithead:

http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...01DSC01709.JPG

http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...01DSC01710.JPG

http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...01DSC01724.JPG

http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...01DSC01726.JPG

http://www.7thgencivic.com/memberrid...01DSC01729.JPG

Day_Tripper 10-31-2004 09:55 PM

damn... that car is (was) hot... who is at fault

dalaw 10-31-2004 09:56 PM

That sucks, but luckily most of the damage is on the door.

mexinaction 10-31-2004 09:58 PM

well technically my boy is, although the intersection is really hard to see cuz there is a sharp angle its like

/Prelude Here
-------
/Civic Si here

the Si was on the stright line and the prelude was on the slabnted line/road

he didnt see the prelude and kept going and then BWAM the prelude hit him, no tickets were handed out even though he failed to yield technically

mexinaction 10-31-2004 09:59 PM

Actually all the damage is on the door, except for the rocker and door jam, just a lil, none of fender or main body

LUCKY BASTARD

civictuner 10-31-2004 10:14 PM

man heres what damaged

door (obviously)

everything in the door must be replaced

door panel

frame of the rear right quarter panel and the sheetmeatal is warped and needs to be straightend

fender is warped and the frame behind the fender is obiously warped and need to be straighten

right front and rear suspension may be out of factory locations and needs to be straighten

door sill frame is warped/bent and needs to be straighten

the upper part(the little thing above the door is bent/warped and needs straighting

the frame anything near the collision needs to be straighten

new coats of base and clear

MAN the estamite should read around $3000

civictuner 10-31-2004 10:16 PM

it may not look damged but trust me when the body shop breaks the car down and put it on a straightner the computer will say the whole right side of the car is warped and needs straightning

mexinaction 10-31-2004 10:17 PM

weil the only visible damage was the rocker and the door jam near the locking u bolt. none near the top or anything, we will tomroow if fram is bent

civictuner 10-31-2004 10:18 PM

beacuse a friend of mine got smacked in the front ( not sever so the airbags got blowen out) but when the shop broke the car down the side bars in the door was all warped... so what im saying is its not what looks like on the outside the whole story is on the inside

exclusive_vtec 10-31-2004 10:20 PM

get rid of the rims while ur at it... that should cover the doors and enough to get u new rims ;)

civictuner 10-31-2004 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by mexinaction
weil the only visible damage was the rocker and the door jam near the locking u bolt. none near the top or anything, we will tomroow if fram is bent

again...i was talkin to les at Kauai Foriegn Cars and he told me cars may lookgood outside after and accident but hell on the inside evrything is off aligientment

i think Honda and other manufactures do this so the body shop wont total it(my guess)

civictuner 10-31-2004 10:23 PM

also ull need to rplace ur HFP side skirts and mirrors

get some Spoon SW233 16x7 or Mugen MF12's 16.7 while ur at it.. or Volks at least man...i hate chrome(again my opinion) make ur car damn slow

thrash_273 10-31-2004 10:24 PM

dang.......

import2nr 10-31-2004 10:24 PM

that sucks, he is lucky it didnt mess up the suspension or anything

looks like the egg hatched, lol im sorry i had to say it

i agree with exclusive, get new rims too, chrome is ugly IMHO

Vinnie 10-31-2004 10:26 PM

danm car looked good...should go cruising w/o a door :rofl:

mexinaction 10-31-2004 10:30 PM

well its my boys taste and he likes the chrom even tho he knows that it slows him down, plus the wifey got him his rims, not like he has a choice to go and turn them in

LOL

import2nr 10-31-2004 10:32 PM

lol yeah i wouldnt do that either, angry wife = bad things to come LoL

mexinaction 10-31-2004 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by import2nr
lol yeah i wouldnt do that either, angry wife = bad things to come LoL

EXACTLY, better to have ugly rims than an angry wife

:rofl: :rofl: :_doh: :_doh: :_bow: :_bow: :D :D :D :hgrin:

import2nr 10-31-2004 10:40 PM

lol werd, and :tup: to you for having enough maturity to not go off and get all defensive like a lot of people do :_beer:

flipBloodracer 10-31-2004 10:41 PM

sad...well i guess its about time to change the wheels too...hahah...

Farage 10-31-2004 10:53 PM

wow amazing how only the door was damaged lol. lucky guy. however, it is sad that the prelude didn't t-bone one of his nasty rims. other than that its a kickass ride.

skipbarber 10-31-2004 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by civictuner
man heres what damaged

door (obviously)

everything in the door must be replaced

door panel

frame of the rear right quarter panel and the sheetmeatal is warped and needs to be straightend

fender is warped and the frame behind the fender is obiously warped and need to be straighten

right front and rear suspension may be out of factory locations and needs to be straighten

door sill frame is warped/bent and needs to be straighten

the upper part(the little thing above the door is bent/warped and needs straighting

the frame anything near the collision needs to be straighten

new coats of base and clear

MAN the estamite should read around $3000

i disagree.

Farage 10-31-2004 10:59 PM

the estimate will be right around 3k.

mexinaction 10-31-2004 11:05 PM

well insurance is covering it

about the rims, its his taste not yours, and imho i think they ugly too, but again the wife comes into the picture

LOL

diskreet 10-31-2004 11:38 PM

civic tuner, posting 2 consecutive times is called post whoring. stop that... its annoying

mexinaction 10-31-2004 11:43 PM

hey out of the blue question but hwta is "bump" and what is the green/red lil squares under posts on the right hand side of posts?

curious

Civic_Racer9 11-01-2004 12:12 AM

go to a junk yard and BUY a door! nice swap out huh

rEkKaShInObI 11-01-2004 12:13 AM

noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! such a cool car!!!

ragingSPAM 11-01-2004 01:59 AM

civic tuner is right...i've been doing a lot of frame and body work lately and after seeing the pics the body has frame damage because the rockerpanel got hit...the force of the door getting hit also knocked some of the frame out of place...if u look carefully u can probably find some buckles near the front fender on the rocker and right behind the doorjam

mexinaction 11-02-2004 11:04 AM

we took it to the body shop yesterday and are waiting on estimates still. There is some buckling on the doorjam but non around the fron fender. They are talking about uni-doy cut out and shit,

Since it only has 5000 miles on it all the replacement parts have to be OEM and parts alone is going to be $1500. thnk goodness he has insurance. lol

to day the appraiser comes and check out da car, new info later