Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   My Civic is dead! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/178231-my-civic-dead.html)

tripledoublegs 10-14-2004 01:23 PM

The gsr is weaker and doesn't handle as good as the Type-R.
I wouldn't get an acura though. Just go for a stock wrx, and put some simple bolt ons on it

silvic03 10-14-2004 01:37 PM

no, the type R and GSR are two different models...kinda like the difference between an EX and an SI

JX6 10-14-2004 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Overboost
Start rubbing your neck. Hurts doesn't it? I'd say it really hurts huh? That S2000 is closer than you think.

:rofl:
sounds like a plan

Michalo187 10-14-2004 01:57 PM

hahahaha i wish the wrx is too fast for me i just want a faster than civics and most cars but slower than v8s

acurastype01 10-14-2004 03:59 PM

dude im sorry to hear bout all this hope everything turns out ok in the end

exclusive_vtec 10-14-2004 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by WhiteCastle
well time to get a fast car :D . Im glad your alright you count alot more than any car does. Cars can be replaced....people can't.

agreed

mr.bojangles 11-12-2004 07:02 PM

sorry to hear

Importracer 11-16-2004 06:47 PM

dude, fck the hondas and acuras, ive got three letters for you G T O.... You'll work any import with it and it looks bad ass!

wrussi 11-16-2004 07:13 PM

if the insurance is going to cover it go ahead and get a new car my suggestions are
96+ gsr
rsx s
celica gt-s if u like the weird look
civic si
97-99 acura CL
00 acura TL
new accord coupe v6

it depends on how much $$ u have

bgoetz 11-16-2004 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Importracer
dude, fck the hondas and acuras, ive got three letters for you G T O.... You'll work any import with it and it looks bad ass!

you would have a hard time working an EVO MR Maybe from a roll but not from a stop, but they are like 37K. I don't know what a GTO costs :confused:

TemjinX2 11-16-2004 07:39 PM

well if your looking into the 20-30k range, then i say get a used evo. I've seen used evos go for 23-27k on the evo forums. Another suggestion is maybe a used lexus is300, i've seen them go for around 23k. The interior looks kinda crappy when compared to honda interiors, but you can always change it. Looks wise i personally think evo > wrx. Dont get a Type R, that car get stolen so fast its not even funny, everyone wants that engine. If you want to keep it to a car with two doors, then i would just get a 05 type S. Stock gsr is only 185 at the crank and i think the type R is 195 or 200 at the crank. The k20's has better internals then the gsr engines, so if you want to boost later on you dont have to build up the internals as much.

lkm 11-16-2004 07:40 PM

I wouldn't get an RSX, base or type S are not worth it. On the streets around here, they get spanked all the time by 6thgens that are swapped.

If you want some go and allota show, tC. camry engine, nuff said.
Brute perfomance, Srt-4
little some torque steer- sentra spec v
track car- mazda 3 or a used 6

all under 20k and won't be embarassed on the streets!

gotarheels03 11-16-2004 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by TemjinX2
Another suggestion is maybe a used lexus is300, i've seen them go for around 23k. The interior looks kinda crappy when compared to honda interiors, but you can always change it.

the interior of a LEXUS IS300 looks crappy compared to Honda interiors? :screwy: Lol what honda's are you referring to? I'd take an IS300 over just about any honda/Acura, especially considering most are FWD and the IS is RWD

TemjinX2 11-17-2004 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by gotarheels03
the interior of a LEXUS IS300 looks crappy compared to Honda interiors? :screwy: Lol what honda's are you referring to? I'd take an IS300 over just about any honda/Acura, especially considering most are FWD and the IS is RWD

sorry for the confusion, i meant evo interior. I was too lazy to edit the post and move the sentence. The is300 has a very nice interior, i think the evo interior is kinda crappy for a car in that price range then again it designed to be rally not luxury. My only complaint about the is300 is the sound dampening. Toyota went pretty cheap on the sound dampening on that car. I know its suppose to be a sports sedan but its still lexus. When i helped my friend dynomat his 03 is300 i was shocked to see that his trunk had less sound dampening material then my 04 civic. You dont realize how huge sound dampening is until you go from a car with lots of sound damping like a camry to one with almost none like a civic. I use to have a camry, driving on the road was like being isolated in your own little room. Sometimes i'd even forget the engines even on, that how quiet it was. I love the sportiness of my civic, i just hate talkin to people on my phone while i'm drivin on the freeway, way too much road noise

I like the is300 or the evo for my choice of 4 doors. Another car i like is the mazda 6, with the sports package. I know its suppose to be a family car, but its look pretty sporty to me.

wonderz 11-17-2004 03:42 AM

i like the IS300 too, but the problem is its too little hp for that class of car. You might want to consider the BMW 3-series too.

gotarheels03 11-17-2004 12:33 PM

yes but the power potential of the IS300 is amazing.