Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Do yall ever... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/167082-do-yall-ever.html)

2k2EXCOUPE 08-04-2004 10:08 PM

Do yall ever...
 
Get in a stage where you just hate your car?

I am going thru it right now, if I dont have some new part on order or something I get bored. Then I realize its slow, its just a civic, and ive spent too much money on it and wish I could trade it in, then get even more upset when i realize it would be impossible to trade it in because I would have to put it back to stock which is alot of work plus I would loose alot of money since I bought it new and its paid off.

Just frustrating, I love it sometimes, but some days I hate it.

I either want something FAST or something like a Wrangler that I just dont have to worry about, a Wrangler would be fun...

abmerop18 08-04-2004 10:10 PM

yup. thats kinda how i was a couple weeks ago when i just wanted to get my bumpers swapped out and done with. im still kinda like that now cause its still not done and there wont be anything new for a while while i build my turbo.

i ABSOLUTLY hated my car when i fuked my front bumper and i wanted to sell it that very day i was so pissed with the car.

civic01vtec 08-04-2004 10:12 PM

all the time.


My damn fuel system is pissin me off. I want a faster car :(

2k2EXCOUPE 08-04-2004 10:17 PM

If my damn car wasnt auto, I think I'd be much happier too...

I hate this feeling :(

I wish I would have traded it in in the beginning of the year like I was planning on, but then I got into a wreck and decided to kit it and shit, so I feel like there is no going back now since I dont have stock bumpers or hood or anything.

brill 08-05-2004 12:15 AM

i go through periods where i don't love my car as much as usual... hate... or even dislike... are such strong words.

closest i ever came to dislike was -- well i was rearended by a drunk, i wait 3 weeks for my ride to come out of the bodyshop, and the next morning im wanting to go to work? nah. flat tire. I was more ticked at life than my car though.

Mr.Modify 08-05-2004 12:20 AM

im gonna keep my civic till the wheels fall off man.....i don't care how slow it is.....imma keep it clean.

Day_Tripper 08-05-2004 12:26 AM

I love my car... I have put it through alot of shit and it's always there for me I never have to worry about it... unlike some of my friends with their mustangs with less miles then my car that have problems all the time

eklipz 08-05-2004 12:26 AM

ehh i go thru that somtimes

zachgeyer 08-05-2004 12:43 AM

i like it

mugenman 08-05-2004 01:39 AM

i know how ur feeling man, mines an auto 2 and it sucks having the slowest car in my group of friends. but u know what man, i think our cars look better than anything on the road. with the right stuff on them they can look amazing. so for that, i love my car, but it is slow.....so damn slow :cry:

WhiteCastle 08-05-2004 01:42 AM


Originally Posted by 2k2EXCOUPE
Get in a stage where you just hate your car?

I am going thru it right now, if I dont have some new part on order or something I get bored. Then I realize its slow, its just a civic, and ive spent too much money on it and wish I could trade it in, then get even more upset when i realize it would be impossible to trade it in because I would have to put it back to stock which is alot of work plus I would loose alot of money since I bought it new and its paid off.

Just frustrating, I love it sometimes, but some days I hate it.

I either want something FAST or something like a Wrangler that I just dont have to worry about, a Wrangler would be fun...

happen to me than I got my tokico shocks which I got mad hook ups with. 328 dallors for the full set :rockon:
plus I am going to turbo and the car will be decently fast. Thats all I really care about because I am already in possesion of a very fast car the vette. :shrug:

civicvtec1ps 08-05-2004 01:43 AM

It's going to happen no matter what kind car you have.

Just keep it and enjoy it.

ZdS03Civic 08-05-2004 02:14 AM

I only hated mine when it was stock. Everytime I see a broken down car I think about how much I love my civic. Its soo good to me.. :_bow:

alex053 08-05-2004 02:22 AM

i hate my car right now also..

needs:
tires
struts
front bumper
rear bumper
either camber kit or put back to stock height
trunk lid
dent removal on the drivers door
some interior pieces that have cracked
an oil change


basicly my job requires me to use my civic as a work truck, 3000 miles a month has taken the life outta the car. its slow, it rattles, i dont have a rear seat (cant fit the ladder in there with it) it sucks, i had so many hopes and dreams for this car...oh well..back to stock i go.....

i do love the gas milage and it is reliable....over all its a good car but im frustrated at the situation...

baggedblue02 08-05-2004 02:45 AM

I was going thru that a few days ago. Spend a day and clean it completlely. Everywhere you see dirt, clean it. Once it's spotless you'll get the good feeling back, least I did. Quality time with the car alone :rofl:

goodtimes 08-05-2004 02:58 AM

i love my car but i would love it even more if it was stick

bluericeburna2k2 08-05-2004 03:10 AM

yea i deff go through times when i hate then love the civic.

usually when i drive it a lot i start to hate it. but then when i havent been driving my car for a while then i miss it and want to drive it.

if only it had a k20a and a turbo id be happy

nindoo 08-05-2004 08:06 AM


Originally Posted by Alex053
i hate my car right now also..

needs:
tires
struts
front bumper
rear bumper
either camber kit or put back to stock height
trunk lid
dent removal on the drivers door
some interior pieces that have cracked
an oil change


basicly my job requires me to use my civic as a work truck, 3000 miles a month has taken the life outta the car. its slow, it rattles, i dont have a rear seat (cant fit the ladder in there with it) it sucks, i had so many hopes and dreams for this car...oh well..back to stock i go.....

i do love the gas milage and it is reliable....over all its a good car but im frustrated at the situation...

I wonder how a neon or Focus would hold up. You would have probably run them into the ground.

incubus7d 08-05-2004 08:13 AM

Sell it or pick up a MR2 there awsome and can make them fast for like half the money you would throw into a civic

Entropy 08-05-2004 08:30 AM

As it goes right now, I love my civic, but I want something faster. Something where I put money in to it and I start to feel the results. But I don't want to get rid of my civic, so here's what me and my fiance came up with.

She hates her car, it's paid off, but she absolutely can't stand it. It's a 2003 Lancer, but she does love my car. So what we're going to do is this...

1. She likes everything I've done to my car and likes driving it, so she'll be keeping it.

2. We are going to take her 2003 Lancer and use it as a trade-in.

3. I'm looking to get an Evo.

Now I know everyone and their brother or sister on this board is trading in their civic for either an evo / sti / wrx, but I would like to have something that already has a decent base to work with. Plus I think the Tarmac black Evo's look way :2pimp:

Anyways, that's what I'm doing, so at least all the work I've put in to my car doesn't go to waste.

Jotosuds17 08-05-2004 08:30 AM


Originally Posted by civicvtec1ps
It's going to happen no matter what kind car you have.

Just keep it and enjoy it.

true that.

this guy i know wanted a SI so bad, and it ended up he got a great deal on a ITR w/only 12,000 miles. :eek: and now he's bored w/it and wants an M3 :_doh:

02sleeper 08-05-2004 11:06 AM

yep thats why i sold my 02 and bought a new 04 and starting a new project o hell yea

Jaykuai 08-05-2004 12:44 PM

im off.. my civic just annoys me..

the shaved doors are a pain now.. at the start they were cool and fancy, now its just annoying, especially when the alarm acts and the doors dont want to open...............................

Also, i have 4 lil brothers that i usually take to school so the fact that my car is 2 doors is giving me a hard time.

Stick blows for me i think i have something in my knees it just hurts..

Im trading my car for a step 2k1 330i this month.

2k2EXCOUPE 08-05-2004 03:29 PM

^^^^ thats what I want, a BMW 330ci... that would be amazing! LOL

i wanna find me a second car, like an old CJ5 Jeep or something, I get tired of always scrubbing and scratching and shit, sometimes it just sucks.

and the fact that i only get 25 miles to the gallon for some reason now pisses me off, tho thats still good, its awful for a civic. being this slow and getting 25mpg kinda sux. LOL

nightkids1 08-05-2004 03:30 PM

im like that everday man

Pn0ybOiLiKehOy 08-05-2004 03:48 PM

there are those days...but the mpg is hella good and hondas last forever, or a long time

hustlelikem0fo 08-05-2004 04:00 PM


Originally Posted by 2k2EXCOUPE

i wanna find me a second car, like an old CJ5 Jeep or something, I get tired of always scrubbing and scratching and shit, sometimes it just sucks.

and the fact that i only get 25 miles to the gallon for some reason now pisses me off, tho thats still good, its awful for a civic. being this slow and getting 25mpg kinda sux. LOL


i agree... i want something high off the ground too cuz its a hassle scraping everywhere i go.

and my mpg is awful ever since i got the 19s...... yours is bad too cuz of your 19s. you cant fight physics and intertia with big ass rims.

and i go through stages like you do all the time...... i'm in a happy mood right now cuz i just got my 19s but the boredom kinda sets in for a little bit then goes away.

Changu-San 08-05-2004 04:04 PM

i love my civic...i don't really have any mods except for tein ss, the rs lipkit and the altezza grill...and chicks dig it. Didn't you guys know that your car was going to be the slowest?

phatcyclist 08-05-2004 04:16 PM

I went through a phase when I wanted something NOT slow, NOT automatic, and NOT a civic. Then I really hught about what I needed in a car: something I can drive for many years to come, cheap on the upkeep, reliable, good gas mileage. Basically, I decided I really like and need my car more than I was aware of. Even though my cars slow, and automatic; its the easiest car in the world to drive, I can concentrate on the rest of the road and other things going on without having to worry about the car.

Even though I have the slowest car in my group of friends, every time me and a few friends are going somewhere, we always get into the civic.

Solidus 08-05-2004 07:46 PM


Originally Posted by 2k2EXCOUPE
a Wrangler that I just dont have to worry about, a Wrangler would be fun...

I get in this stage a lot. With my car dumped so low, i HATE MY CAR driving to my gf house. She has a nasty road to get there. I sometimes would love to drive so fast and bottom out so hard down that road that it just blows my struts out of my hood and trunk, then i would roll it off into a ditch and climb into a jeep or a truck where i'll never have to look for pot holes again.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 PM.


© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands