Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Got owned by a Frontier (fender bender) (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/128437-got-owned-frontier-fender-bender.html)

XSRCivic 12-05-2003 11:21 PM

Got owned by a Frontier (fender bender)

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a sad story. I had just got back from the DMV (getting liscense renewed) and I had to swing over to Blockbuster to bring back a movie. So here I am waiting to pull out. I start to move a up but this car is coming so I let my car roll back into the exit a lil bit to get out of the way. Well all of a sudden this frontier lightly hits me at the time my car rolls back a bit. BAM! At first I thought I had rolled onto a cement rail thing that goes arounf the lot. I look back and I see the Nissan. We both get out I look at his front end and there are hardly any scratches and one itty bitty crack in his bumper. i look at mine and i see that my right taillight is cracked the right bottom corner is punched in and my trunk is slightly pushed forward, that wasnt too serious. I think the other guy was at fault because I didnt get a ticket. Cop didnt say who was at fault. I'm hoping to collect some good insurance money perhaps I can get that new body kit. Anybody wanna take some educated guesses on damage cost?

Sorry for the low quality pics.. bear with me.

iluvbritney 12-05-2003 11:26 PM

oh dude, that musta sucked! RIP to da bumper...lol

Mr.Modify 12-05-2003 11:31 PM

damm that bumper looks ****ed! not sure if the insurance is gona give you "BODY KIT" money though just for that !

iluvbritney 12-05-2003 11:35 PM

^ yea dude, they consider it as a "big" dent....god dam insurance biatches

XSRCivic 12-05-2003 11:36 PM

Well I did get backed into one night while shooting pool. It was a hit and run. I had the insurance check it out and just for it being cracked and bruised up they quoted me at alike $496.. Maye i can get away with adding that on there also..

XxSoVeReiGNxX 12-05-2003 11:42 PM

take a plunger to that bumper and DIY fix-it "Ding King" style

a hummer tapped my rear bumper, but luckily it didn't get damaged. The stuff they made our bumpers with is pretty good! It's flexible so it doesn't just crack open or get crumpled when hit.

good luck with the repairs. oem taillights DO cost a lot when buying from Honda. So collect the money your insurance company sends you to buy a new taillight, and just buy used tailights from a member here. I guess you can get an estimate from a repair shop about the bumper, and also get a used bumper from this site too (if any are being sold).

Toca 12-05-2003 11:54 PM

i wouldn't report that to your insurance not worth it. It'll prob be like $700 worth of damage. I'm sure you could find someone on the board willing to sell you their bumper and altezzas for no more than $400 for both

Bellz 12-06-2003 12:03 AM

The Frontier driver must've been an altezza-hater.
:susp:

civicskater 12-06-2003 05:45 PM

^^^Could have been me, haha just kiddin

Today leaving my school from taking the SAT this idiiot wasnt paying attention and slammed on brakes and rubbed my bumper and then turned up ahead so i couldnt get the license plate...i have a nice black mark on the left corner, anyone know how much it'll cost to get painted? If its expensive i'll just buy a kit

XSRCivic 12-13-2003 01:46 PM

well all is said and done bout the wreck. I got my money yesterday a whole $895 wo0! Good enough for me. I wasnt expectin that much but now I can buy my kit and with futurersxwap's trunk comin I'll be all set.

HustleLikeMOFO 12-13-2003 01:50 PM

Originally posted by XSRCivic
well all is said and done bout the wreck. I got my money yesterday a whole $895 wo0! Good enough for me. I wasnt expectin that much but now I can buy my kit and with futurersxwap's trunk comin I'll be all set.
have fun paying that plus extra back to the insurence when it goes up :)

jwalker87 12-13-2003 02:48 PM

haha. so true... I accidentally backed into by bro's car IN MY DRIVEWAY. I was going reeeeeal slow. I had chrome taillights on then, and that cracked the plastic on that one. My bumper just had a scratch on it; not even a dent. THe scratch was only through the paint too; the black primer's still there. I really don't care though; i'll be getting a body kit soon.

Connie 12-13-2003 03:02 PM

Damn that really sucks, I have replaced my bumper twice now.....good luck with the insurance

fine02civicgurl 12-13-2003 03:56 PM

how did u get to claim anything, since it happened in a parking lot. i thought they couldnt do anything if it was in a parking lot

randalldreynold 12-13-2003 04:10 PM

put a dent in the trunk and get a carbon trunk out of the deal

slicksivik 12-13-2003 04:16 PM

i got knocked and i didn't kno who it was and they left a huge dent just like urs. Obviously i didn't report it cuz it was jst a bumper cover and i bought a new one but u'll be paying that back in insurance coverage over the next yrs. I didn't do it cuz i had a huge accident which would be getting off in a few weeks and i didn't want antoher on there. Cleean record is the way to go especialy on a small fender bender like what u had.

CvC-v01 12-13-2003 04:43 PM

dude their not gonna give you more than 1200 bucks just for

that....but if your reinforcement bar is bent you can get up to 2

grand....

deciuss 12-13-2003 05:05 PM

that looks like a lot of dmg for a little hit. that sucks

XSRCivic 12-13-2003 06:18 PM

"how did u get to claim anything, since it happened in a parking lot. i thought they couldnt do anything if it was in a parking lot"

I thought that myself but apparently I was wrong. Maybe because I was going to pull out of the lot when I was hit? Who knows.

KeNsHiN 12-13-2003 06:33 PM

damn sux bro........good luck with the ins

dubz01si 12-14-2003 10:19 AM

50 50 parking lot that happend to me 2 g's later :(

yourinmyw0rld 12-15-2003 01:41 AM

pop it back in