Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Started my motor swap! UPDATE!!! Almost done...details on last page! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/108577-started-my-motor-swap-update-almost-done-details-last-page.html)

NoBottleJustThrottle 09-17-2003 09:45 AM

I have power steering, that wasnt a problem getting some hoses to make it work out. AC will happen eventually, i just want to get my car runing right now. All it involves is getting a 2002 Civic Si radiator, attaching the fans, fan switch, getting custom AC lines made, and getting the AC charged again. the radiator is about $120, the lines $150, charged i might be able to get for free.
I wont be doing a DIY 7thgen style per say. Although, if anyone hs any problems, issues, or questions i am inviting them to PM me at any time. The only thing that i will be posting on the swap, is how to do the wiring harness. That is really the biggest thing with this swap, putting the motor in isnt too difficult ive youve ever tackled a big project like that before.

StLVtec 09-17-2003 08:24 PM

Cool , Mine should be done right around the same time. What axels did you end up using. I have rsx axels my shop is having a guy fabricate them to fit. Im staying 4 lug. Did you use rsx throttle cables. Im gonna see if the civic works. Also shifter cables did you custom your civic ones or get type s. If I need those thats the only thing thats gonna hold it up. Plus this weekend is nopi my car was supposed to be done by then will see.Might be down there

NoBottleJustThrottle 09-18-2003 01:09 AM

i got 95 GSR axles because HASport initally said it would work...but they dont. So i had to go out and get 2002 Civic Si axles which work fine.
You need to use the RSX throttle cable, the cruise control cable might work off of the civic...not sure. I used the Type S shifter cable cause they are shorter. Good luck with everything. I was doing more test driving tonight and i now have 3 kills under my belt. Killed a 2000 Accord V6 (walked away easily), 2001 Acura 3.2TL Type-S (that was fun, but no one stands a chance against my 3rd gear), and on the freeway i walked a newer style 7 series BMW.
Im having a lot of fun!
UPDATE:
Fan now works just fine...all thats left is a very small coolant leak, and the o2 sensors. More updates as they happen.

StLVtec 09-18-2003 01:07 PM

So I need to order the throttles and mine as well get the shifter cables just to be safe. Do you have any check engine lights or anything

NoBottleJustThrottle 09-18-2003 07:11 PM

yes, i still have a CEL from not wiring the o2 sensors in. That is on the list of things to do next.

ViNRoCk8 09-19-2003 10:56 AM

any pics yet??

NoBottleJustThrottle 09-19-2003 01:59 PM

when i am completely done(fixed the o2 sensor, and fixed the coolant leak), then i will make a new thread with thankyous and whatnot. From there i should have pics, and video up soon after.

PunkingCivic 09-19-2003 02:05 PM

Member "wannabefast" makes a cheap o2 sim, $20 shipped
Or you can make it yourself

http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/sh...76#post1384376

NoBottleJustThrottle 09-19-2003 02:16 PM

i dont need the simulator...i just have to wire it into my ECU...i would rather do that for free. Thanks for the info though...tell him he can probably sell a lot of those over on clubrsx.com to people with the comptech race header. They have been waiting for a simulator for a long time, and still nothing is out.

StLVtec 09-19-2003 08:49 PM

Your motor still runs like it should with the cel on .

NoBottleJustThrottle 09-20-2003 10:57 AM

oh believe me i know! My motor is running just fine. Infact last night i raced a 97 Prelude on the highway...the prelude has AEM CAI, AEM pullies, DC Exhaust (hes a good friend of mine)...we went from like 50-125mph...at the end of 3rd i was a car length ahead, and just kept pulling the whole time. I have him on the straights for sure, but his car can probably out handle most cars on the road. His car is insane on the turns.