Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides)
-   -   Do you like underbody neons? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/46-members-rides/106647-do-you-like-underbody-neons.html)

Colby 06-14-2005 02:18 AM

I wired my neons to turn on via the accesory relay on my alarm system (independently of the remote start). I have a tafetta white coupe with red neons. Really gets good responses. Underbody lights are illegal in CA but I never have them on when I drive... more of a show thing.

dragoon 06-14-2005 06:39 PM

i see an "other" option, but where's the "none"?

ZapThyCat 06-14-2005 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by dragoon
i see an "other" option, but where's the "none"?

There is none, because this thread is for people that like neons. If you don't, why would you bother to come in this thread? Those of us that like neons really don't care to hear others complain about how they are 2F2F or whatever. Those that like them, like them, and if you don't, then no one cares to hear your opinion in this thread. :shake:

dragoon 06-14-2005 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by zapthycat
There is none, because this thread is for people that like neons. If you don't, why would you bother to come in this thread? Those of us that like neons really don't care to hear others complain about how they are 2F2F or whatever. Those that like them, like them, and if you don't, then no one cares to hear your opinion in this thread. :shake:

read the topic of the thread. the original poster asked if people like neons, and if they do, what color. so STFU.

Robb989 08-19-2005 08:23 PM

I like green, especially w/ SSM

mexinaction 08-19-2005 09:43 PM

DAMN this thread is over 2 YEARS OLD!!!!

ZapThyCat 08-19-2005 10:26 PM

Good thread though :tup:

gearbox 08-22-2005 05:54 PM

i think underglow looks good if there is only the light shining on the ground.

MajinB 08-22-2005 05:58 PM

i like white to match the SSM. i plan to do it with LED's and not neons

ZapThyCat 08-22-2005 09:31 PM

LED's are classy. Not as bright through...

thw_goalie 08-23-2005 01:00 AM

I say blue for a Silver car, but I've always been partial to white as well. :p I just think white would look kind of lame with a silver car.

ZapThyCat 08-23-2005 08:12 PM

I have blue on my SSM... :tup:

Rep daVinci 09-07-2005 01:50 PM

I like neon when I can't see the tubes. If they are hidden & I can just see the glow then yea.

PICHY 09-07-2005 02:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
wow this is still going on

yes i still like the underbody neons...
http://www.7thgencivic.com/forums/at...id=59578&stc=1

varad uls400

fullgrown 09-07-2005 03:08 PM

i don't know about neon lights. but my friend has a TL type-s and he was thinking about VIP underbody lights. they're suppose to be whitelights and it only lights up when the car door is open and turns off when the door is closed. but i don't think those kinds of lights would look good on a civic.

drew22mader 09-07-2005 03:10 PM

Varad series underbody light are only about 1/2" thick and they are square so you can hide them really well, and plus they are very bright, I believe that is what Pichy has on his. I may be wrong though, but i remember him and I discussing it.

PICHY 09-07-2005 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by drew22mader
Varad series underbody light are only about 1/2" thick and they are square so you can hide them really well, and plus they are very bright, I believe that is what Pichy has on his. I may be wrong though, but i remember him and I discussing it.

yes they are and to me are the best outhere

gearbox 09-08-2005 06:47 PM

hmm where did you get em? I want a red kit but neons are out. Its gonna have to be leds. Was the kit heavy when it was all in the box?

ZapThyCat 09-08-2005 09:29 PM

^you can get red neon LED kits from just about anywhere online. Let me know if you need a specific site... there are tons of them.

gearbox 09-08-2005 09:31 PM

well there are supposed to be key differences, like some are really skinny, some are big like neons, others have wide abgle leds, others look like dots on the ground etc. I want one thats bright, has wide angle so it looks like neons, and is thin.

ZapThyCat 09-08-2005 09:36 PM

I like Van Horn Tint & Accessories. They got a ton of neon stuff...

Check this out, Black light neon kit :p
http://www.vanhorn1.com/index.asp?Pa...ROD&ProdID=444

Wouldn't THAT be a trip. No one would know anything was on until you drove over something white. Could cops even pull you over then?!? :D

gearbox 09-08-2005 09:51 PM

haha! just don't pull over onto the sidewalk.

drew22mader 09-08-2005 10:07 PM

Gearbox, get the Varad series, they are awesome, look at Pichy he has them, thats what i'm thinking about getting.

gearbox 09-08-2005 10:21 PM

do you know a link for a cheap one?

PICHY 09-09-2005 03:32 AM

i got the for $160 shipped plus insurance from ebay... uls400
its scans, pulses, dims, steady light.. shit load of combinations.. www.varad.com
here is the green kit but the same model red what it does....and no its not heavy...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Varad-Scanning-L...QQcmdZViewItem

ragencajun 09-09-2005 08:53 AM

since i didn't see it posted here is the best in the market there made by tireflys most likley the best product they they ever put out. It's called color morphics you can find them at www.tireflys.com I was a little worried at first but the install was fairly simple about 2 hours and now i have 16.7 million colors to choose from how pimp is that and over 30 difrenret effects chaser strobe dance with the music in any color it starts at 200 bucks and you can completely customize it I have 12 light bars all around the car and 2 inside plus its led so it runs forever I let mine run for 2 days strait and the car still started so there is very little battery drain pm me for any ?'s. :2pimp:

drew22mader 09-09-2005 10:03 AM

I wouldn't say best in the market, StreetGlow is supposedly the best in the market, however no one seems to agree with that, (including me). Its all by opinion, you may like the 16.7 million color deal but most people don't need that many colors.

ragencajun 09-09-2005 10:41 AM

you can still run single colors or solids but if someone says i don't like that or if someone is runing the same color it gives you a few options to say ha ha sucker

gearbox 09-09-2005 11:14 AM

i thought the million colors one isn't as bright, because it uses 3 leds to mix colors and that ends up being fewer leds lit overall for each color. Streetglow is the best for real neons, I've had gold series and it was awesome before it broke into pieces.

PICHY 09-09-2005 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by gearbox
i thought the million colors one isn't as bright, because it uses 3 leds to mix colors and that ends up being fewer leds lit overall for each color. Streetglow is the best for real neons, I've had gold series and it was awesome before it broke into pieces.

i had street glow gon twice and i did the same thing..broke it in half.... with the varad led kit the light is more flushed to the underbody its squared not round...about 1/2" thick and bright as hell..another thing i didnt like about the streetglows was the transformer..i unstalled mine somewhere in the engine bay..and the thing got wet...bye bye lights.... :mad: