Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Suspension Performance Modifications (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/44-suspension-performance-modifications)
-   -   Final lowdown on Skunk2 and Koni Yellow (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/44-suspension-performance-modifications/83777-final-lowdown-skunk2-koni-yellow.html)

Firewall 03-24-2003 01:01 PM

Final lowdown on Skunk2 and Koni Yellow

I called skunk2 themselves, inquiring about the adaptop kit that I thought was needed to make their coil-overs fit on Koni Yellows. The guy told me I don't necessarily need the kit!!!:) From what he's saying, all the kit will do is make the coil-over sit directly on the clip for the rear shocks, instead of sitting on the perch. So in other words you can get rid of that perch completely. Like he said though, you don't absolutely need the adaptop to make it fit. All it's going to do is make the installation look cleaner, that's it.

Thought I'd let the world know, cause that was buggin me for a while. Didn't feel like spending $50 for something I didn't need...

DizWikedCivic 03-24-2003 02:56 PM

i think they are right i dont think u need the adapter for the skunk2 coilovers, but i know that u need them for the ground controls coilovers

Spider883 03-24-2003 03:53 PM

when i called them a month ago the guy i talked to said that u did need it... hmmmm mixed sayings

VNlilMAN 03-24-2003 05:52 PM

why do people with ground control need them? is it for a cleaner install as well?

djmota 03-24-2003 07:48 PM

I guess you could just sit the coilover on the perch... but why??? We all know the lower perch on Koni's are not the best. So if you had a chance to never have problems where other people do would you take it? 50.00 bucks is steep. is that the price skunk gave you?

TOOLOWCIVIC 03-24-2003 08:45 PM

U dont need no adapter for the ground control. Y do people keep saying that. I know a lot of people here in Houston including myself who dont have no adapter and the Konis fit perfect. Just call ground control and Koni and they will tell u u dont need them. It just simply looks better.

DizWikedCivic 03-24-2003 11:22 PM

Originally posted by djmota
I guess you could just sit the coilover on the perch... but why??? We all know the lower perch on Koni's are not the best. So if you had a chance to never have problems where other people do would you take it? 50.00 bucks is steep. is that the price skunk gave you?
the coilover are already sitting on the factory lower spring perch, y would u need the adapter for

ASWZero 03-25-2003 11:21 AM

Ahhh, you gotta love it.

djmota 03-25-2003 12:44 PM

Originally posted by djmota
I guess you could just sit the coilover on the perch... but why??? We all know the lower perch on KONI"S are not the best. So if you had a chance to never have problems where other people do would you take it? 50.00 bucks is steep. is that the price skunk gave you?

If you hadn't noticed I did not say THE STOCK PERCH I was taking about the KONI rear perch.
:_doh:
Some people complain about them saying they have collapsed on them. No one...as of yet, has said this has happened with the use of a much better manufactured adapter. So why not spend a few extra bucks and OK they look cleaner, but you also don't have to worry about having the lovely expereince of having one corner of you car on the ground and having to be towed home.

VNlilMAN 03-25-2003 01:42 PM

oh~ so you dont NEED it.. and this whole time i thought you did.. see shows to prove i dont know everything and have alot to learn myself...