Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Suspension Performance Modifications (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/44-suspension-performance-modifications)
-   -   Neuspeed Spring Owners! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/44-suspension-performance-modifications/79925-neuspeed-spring-owners.html)

SedanBoy 03-03-2003 02:06 PM

Neuspeed Spring Owners!

Hey everyone, need some info here. I just picked up a set of Neuspeed Sports and was wondering if they came with the spring isolators? And does anyone know where I could find some for my install?
Thanks!

SedanBoy 03-04-2003 10:03 AM

help? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

Nuts 03-04-2003 10:20 AM

nope they don't come with those. the only thing that comes in the box are the springs. i just finsished installing the front neuspeed sports and its not hard at all. just get a good rachet set and spring compressors. oh and when you come across the tie rod where you have to pop it out, you don't need to rent anything, just put a nut at the bottom of the screw and hammer it up.

SedanBoy 03-04-2003 10:44 AM

cool. thanks!
if i don't use spring isolators when installing them, will there be the creaking sounds that ppl complain about?
thanks again!

Nuts 03-04-2003 12:00 PM

i have about 50 miles on the car with the front lowered and i hear no creaks. i didn't use spring isolators. i won't be driving my car tho until it stops raining so i can thow on hte rear springs. its gonna usually creak anyways until they settle in a week or two.

sKwiD 03-04-2003 02:34 PM

I don't know what a spring isolator is, but I think ya'll are talking about a little rubber tube you put over the spring? I have Neuspeed Sport and even after it settled, it still squeeks due to the dead coils stacked on top of eachother, and the fact that I put the fronts in upside down (Neuspeed said that there was no harm), don't flame b/c I got it under control:tup: Yeah, all you get in the box is the springs, instructions, and stickers!

VNlilMAN 03-04-2003 03:11 PM

ya it doesnt come with spring isolators.. stock springs should have come with some i think.. mine didnt..

SedanBoy 03-05-2003 07:23 AM

what can i use in replacement?.... would silicone hose be ok?..... or can i actually buy spring isolators form the dealer?..... do you know the part number?..... and can i buy bump stops from the dealer too?...... any part numbers for those?.... thanks!

VNlilMAN 03-06-2003 01:25 PM

front bumpstop - part number 465466 14.69 each.
rear bumpstop - 369111 6.92 each
the spring isolators i'm not sure if you can get from the dealer but i know there was a tsb for noisy springs and the dealers use the isolators to solve the problem.. so ya maybe they would.. i know energy suspension makes them as well. a silicone hose should work, might be a little thick tho. basically all your trying to do is put something in between the bottom of the spring and the bottom perch so that they dont rub/hit against each other