Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Suspension Performance Modifications (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/44-suspension-performance-modifications)
-   -   lowering springs on factory struts (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/44-suspension-performance-modifications/75938-lowering-springs-factory-struts.html)

cky2k3 02-09-2003 01:18 AM

lowering springs on factory struts

ok i have some Goldline racing springs (no, i wasnt part of that 125 group) which is about an 1.5" drop, is it gonna be ok to use these with the factory struts? the reason i ask is i read a book on civics on the author said it will work fine, has anyone tried it? doesnt have to be with goldline springs but has anyone just lowered their car about an 1.5" with lowering springs while using the facotry struts? also how was the ride? thanks for any input.

sKwiD 02-09-2003 01:38 AM

Hey, I'm on Neuspeed Sport 1.5R 1.75R and I'm still on factory struts/shocks. It feels fine, except the fact that my 205/40 tires aren't too comfy. I live where there are lots of railroad tracks and pot holes and such, but on just bumps, it feels fine. I've been on them for over 6 months, and they're still good. If I were you, I'd stick with these until they blow, then get some Tokicos if and when they come out...:tup:

thaicivic 02-09-2003 10:28 AM

Hi SVongkasem,

How would you rate the ride quality on Neuspeed sport springs against stock spring, I'm thinking on getting them but I just fear that they might be too low and the ride would be all bouncy. I usually have about 3 people on my car daily. Hope you're reading this. Thanks

rino 02-09-2003 05:09 PM

I have neuspeed sports on mine also and it rides fine. Not bouncy at all imo. Handles better in corners though. i would definaltely get them if I were you.

thaicivic 02-09-2003 09:53 PM

Thanks ! Man Are you on stock shock or konis ?

Sim012 02-09-2003 10:15 PM

Ive been thinkin for a while now about what drop I wanna do. Its basically between Goldline and Neuspeed Race. Is the Neuspeed Race too drastic and blow my shocks?

dacivic 02-09-2003 11:46 PM

Eibach Pro kit 1 inch drop. I heard the kit works with the factory struts nicely. However the drop is not really noticable but you always carry people around that should be good.

cky2k3 02-10-2003 12:20 AM

so i should be cool then huh? cool, i've had them for like 3 months but wasnt sure if i should stick them on but guess i will thanks to the help of you kind people [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

Beaver 02-10-2003 12:58 AM

I just order some neuspeed sports from a company, and the box was kinda messed up when i got it and didn't look like factory boxing, and i dont know if they are the right springs, on the box there is a sticker that says Civic 4dr 2001-up, but i think it was written by the company, i've already had this happen to me before, i had springs sent to me from some scam company on ebay that were for volkswagens and sh*t. To the people with sedans, were the springs red??? And did they have the #4761 (if you can somehow see that if they are installed) on them? I just want to make sure these are the right ones before i pay for the install. Thanks.

AznHalfy 02-10-2003 01:23 PM

Beaver if you find out that their not the right springs ... report them to E-Bay ...

Also, why dont you just e-mail neuspeed ... tell them your product ... what it looks like etc ... and see what they say ... I thought that the neuspeed sports were yellow in colour but not completely sure on that.

L8tr

zetaR 02-10-2003 01:56 PM

I've got Eibach Sportlines. I've had them on for about 11,000 miles, and my factory shocks/struts are fine.

2k2civicRAY 02-10-2003 08:34 PM

I've got goldlines and i've had them on for about 14,000 miles and my factory struts and shocks are fine.

VNlilMAN 02-10-2003 10:52 PM

i attached pics of my neuspeed box.. these are the old springs tho
no sticker.. n yes springs are red.. front springs are huge, probably like 9" in diameter, rears are about 4"

sKwiD 02-11-2003 01:09 AM

Hey thaicivic... "SAWADEE KAP..." Sorry it took me so long to reply... Umm, for my sedan it feels perfect. Not too low, just enough. I'd recommend 215/40 tires though, so the sidewalls of the tires take up more fender gap. I still have about 2 fingers all around, well I have skinny fingers too...[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] But yeah, on stock shocks, nice and smooth. Handles okay too, it could be better with strut and sway bars... Don't worry about having people in the back, just as long as they're not like 200lbs each. I've had 4 people in the back one time, and my friggin tire was about 2 inches inside my wheel well... Overall I'd say go with the Neuspeed Sports, thats unless ur FOR SURE you dont wanna go with Neuspeed RACE!! :susp:

cky2k3 02-11-2003 02:49 AM

so you can go for quite a while on lowering springs on the factory struts? this is good news to me! i dont want to install them myself, suspension isnt my area expericence, about how much would it cost to get them installed?

Rancid 02-11-2003 10:10 AM

If you have oem kit with neuspeed sport will it scrape? is neuspeed sport to low with the oem kit?
what springs do you guys recomend with the oem kit.

dacivic 02-11-2003 12:00 PM

If you worry about scrape you can try Eibach Pro Kit(1inch drop, really not enough) or Sportlines(1.4inch drop) I perfer the sportlines or the tein spring 1.3 inch drop for no scraping. It has a group buy right now at groupbuy section.

VNlilMAN 02-11-2003 12:42 PM

install is about $80-120

rancid, for most people neuspeed sports will be perfect with the oem kit. i personally would still go with neuspeed race:)

scatman 02-11-2003 07:43 PM

nice drop, smooth ride.......:_bow::_bow:eibach sportlines:_bow::_bow: