Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Suspension Performance Modifications (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/44-suspension-performance-modifications)
-   -   Lower control arm bushings installed the wrong way please help (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/44-suspension-performance-modifications/320539-lower-control-arm-bushings-installed-wrong-way-please-help.html)

kakarotus 08-12-2009 10:18 PM

Lower control arm bushings installed the wrong way please help

Just taked my 03 EX Coupe to get the front lower arms bushings replaced. The car started to feel weird so I asked a buddy who also has the same car, and told me that the bushings may have been installed the wrong way.
Is there a way they should be installed, and if so what is the correct position? A picture or directions would be really apreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

This is my first post so bear with me please. :_please:

BlueEM2 08-13-2009 12:00 AM

Re: Lower control arm bushings installed the wrong way

If you look at the actual bushing thats installed on the car (Turn your wheels all the way in one direction and you will be able to see the bushing on one side or the other). When looking at it you should be able to see a little line on it that sticks up higher than any other part of the bushing. If you can't see the line the bushing was installed the wrong way. I'd go outside and take a picture for you but its awful dark outside. The line should be pointing away from the engine and a little bit towards the back of the car. (If mine were installed correctly lol)

kakarotus 08-13-2009 12:20 AM

The bushing has two arrows in one side, the arrows showld be up o down and pointing in which direction?

kcari 08-13-2009 12:30 AM

maybe you just need an alignment??

kakarotus 08-13-2009 11:41 AM

Re: Lower control arm bushings installed the wrong way please help

One bushing was installed upside down, is there a problem because of this? Showld I take it down to be turned over or just leave it

gearbox 08-13-2009 11:45 AM

i really dont think its possible to install them the wrong way. they look the same when installed either way. you did get an alignment like youre supposed to after any suspension work right?

kakarotus 08-13-2009 01:15 PM

Yes, the car got aligned properly maybe it feels stiffer but that's normal after the bushings replacement. My concern is about the way they were installed

kcari 08-13-2009 02:08 PM

how does the car drive differently? does it sway right or left even though ur holding the steering wheel tightly? Does it shake or what?

Zzyzx 08-14-2009 01:19 PM

Um, they are bushings. there is no "wrong way" to install them on the front LCA.

Now if they were offset bushings designed to increase caster then they could be installed wrong.

What bushings are you using?