Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/43-wheels-tires-brakes-modifications)
-   -   hub/centering rings? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/43-wheels-tires-brakes-modifications/38910-hub-centering-rings.html)

RevHigh 06-03-2002 02:14 PM

hub/centering rings?

I swear this has been discussed somewhere here before, but I couldn't find it. I plan on installing my 17x7 Konig Tantrums, w/ 215/45/17s in about a week when my car comes back from the body shop :)

My friends with 18s say that they needed hub rings, or else their cars vibrate like mad. My question is would the wheel/tire package I bought vibrate without using hub rings, or should I buy some just in case? Is there a certain kind to buy, or is it all generic?

Thanx for reading my dumb question[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

CivicVTec 06-03-2002 03:20 PM

hey...RevHigh...what do u mean by centering rings? u mean like my toxxin the cap and the rings in the middle?

trevor 06-03-2002 07:44 PM

If you need hub rings, the wheels should come w/ them..........
I have motegi mr-7's and they came w/ these plastic pieces of crap, looks like they don't do anything, but I gurantee if I didn't have em, Id be srcewed,.......ask the MFG. of the wheel,.....I'm sure they'd know.....
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

2Hottie 06-03-2002 07:49 PM

Trust me....hubrings make all the difference. I have heard that if you do not have the hubrings and the wheel is even slightly offcenter, it will bounce around like mad. It should be a hard plastic piece that fits on the inside of the hub of the wheel. I know mine came from American Racing, you might wanna check there...they should only be a couple of bucks too....

2Hottie

RevHigh 06-04-2002 12:26 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: 2Hottie
Trust me....hubrings make all the difference. I have heard that if you do not have the hubrings and the wheel is even slightly offcenter, it will bounce around like mad. It should be a hard plastic piece that fits on the inside of the hub of the wheel. I know mine came from American Racing, you might wanna check there...they should only be a couple of bucks too....

2Hottie[hr]
does anyone know if pep boys or checker sells them? thanks.

2Hottie 06-05-2002 11:02 AM

I have no idea what Checker is, but I am sure it is an auto store in your area...as far as I know, if theys tock the wheels at Pep Boys, they should have the hubrings...just ask one of the guys behind the counter because you need them ordered specific for your car...

2Hottie

dougstoner 08-06-2009 10:13 AM

Re: hub/centering rings?

Originally Posted by trevor (Post 454903)
If you need hub rings, the wheels should come w/ them..........

I have motegi mr-7's and they came w/ these plastic pieces of crap, looks like they don't do anything, but I gurantee if I didn't have em, Id be srcewed,.......ask the MFG. of the wheel,.....I'm sure they'd know.....

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

I ordered some motegi mr-7's as a mounted tire package, and I'm not sure if they came with them or not. I guess they could have mounted them on the wheel before shipping them out, but my car rides just fine....hmmm...

unTuned 08-06-2009 12:26 PM

you just replied to a 7 year and 2 month old thread :confused:

dougstoner 08-10-2009 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by unTuned (Post 4429228)
you just replied to a 7 year and 2 month old thread :confused:

Hahaha, didn't even notice that. I ended up working 80 hours this week, and last week, so I've been a walking zombie, so that would prob explain it.