Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Wheels, Tires & Brakes Modifications (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/43-wheels-tires-brakes-modifications)
-   -   Whare some wheels that are 16" that look "OEM" (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/43-wheels-tires-brakes-modifications/277416-whare-some-wheels-16-look-oem.html)

J Smith 09-04-2006 09:53 AM

Whare some wheels that are 16" that look "OEM"

please post/recomend some wheels that will give a civic an "OEM" appearance...

i cant drive around with hubcaps anymore :roflmao:

btw, looking for gunmetal/hyper black

AmbulanceMonkee 09-04-2006 10:30 AM

Umm, OEM wheels are generally silver. I'm not trying to be an @$$, just to understand type of design are you looking for. How much do you want to spend?? I can probably help you, as I bought wheels about 2 months ago, having spent 3 months looking at hundreds of wheels.

DaSilverCivic 09-04-2006 10:31 AM

LOL! sorry had to laugh . . . gunmetal/hyper black is not an "oem" appearance, they could be considered the clean look if done well.
if you want oem appearance, go get the '00 civic si/'03 civic wheels (ex) or
i beleive '04 (ex) and the '05 civic wheels (ex). the '04 and '05 have that gunmetal tint look . . .

J Smith 09-04-2006 10:42 AM

k, well obviously you guys are thinking way to hard...

guess i have to rephrase what i want...

OEM "style" rims, that I can get in either Gunmetal or HyperBlack.

I can spent up to $1500 for Rims

So, as DaSilverCivic mentioned.... Yes, I can get SI wheels but, from the dealer they cost like $800 and ONLY come in silver. So.. let me re-phrase my question towards you...

DaSilverCivic, Would you happen to know of any rims that would resemble the SI wheels in Gunmetal or Hyperblack?

bOoStEd042dr 09-04-2006 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by DaSilverCivic
LOL! sorry had to laugh . . . gunmetal/hyper black is not an "oem" appearance, they could be considered the clean look if done well.
if you want oem appearance, go get the '00 civic si/'03 civic wheels (ex) or
i beleive '04 (ex) and the '05 civic wheels (ex). the '04 and '05 have that gunmetal tint look . . .

a...actaully the hfp wheels are gunmetal...if you consider those oem...nr mnd the new 5lug ones are..

skoot 09-04-2006 11:57 AM

If you want Si wheels you can get them way cheaper on Wheels&Caps.com
They build exact replica wheels. I believe the maker is Keystone. I got 99-00 Wheels from them for around $420 shipped. The only difference is the center cap..It doesn't have the H on it

DaSilverCivic 09-04-2006 12:40 PM

jsmith, unfortunately i dn't know of any that would resemble the si rims in black/gunmetal. mayb you can buy used and powdercoat them?? just a thought. i personally like the '04/'05 wheels. like i said they kinda have that gunmetal tint. i think it would look clean if your car was lowered too with them on.
on a sidenote, ever try looking at rota slipstreams?? i just purchased them in flat black and spent around 600 new w/tires. comes in 15" and 16".

isuzu5000 09-04-2006 01:40 PM

man...some guys on this forums are ass's...haha.
i know what your wanting
you can never go wrong w/ some rota's. they are a very basic and very clean looking. many colors to choose from. go to www.jaydm.com for all their options...rotas are good quality and cheap in price.

good luck man.

SloW4Sh0wVic 09-10-2006 11:09 PM

I understood what you were saying!

Honestly though, I wouldnt settle for aftermarket.

Id go for an OEM wheel, to my knowledge Enkei makes our OEM wheels

dalaw 09-10-2006 11:39 PM

i believe honda sells hfp 4 lug 16" wheels in gunmetal color

diskreet 09-11-2006 12:20 AM

lol id stick to the Honda Factory Performance wheels for the 7th gen since they are OEM. They are 16" and come in split 7 spoke (I have these), and 5 spoke.

handaaccessories.com and you can see them both.

pbfoot 09-11-2006 11:24 AM

im gonna go out on a limb here and say OEM wheels...and a can of paint and some clearcoat.