Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Exterior (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/367-exterior)
-   -   Automatic Doors Locks won't work (not the actuator) (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/367-exterior/373530-automatic-doors-locks-wont-work-not-actuator.html)

cbr600rr 06-10-2018 07:14 PM

Automatic Doors Locks won't work (not the actuator)

Hey guys,

I have been having a host of issues that I'm trying to address but i'll stay on topic with the thread title.

I have a 4 door EX 2001. The 3 (passenger and 2 rear) door locks will lock by depressing the lock at the top of the door without a problem. However, the driver side requires that I first pull open the handle in order to depress the lock a the top of the door. Also, I hear a noise as if the lock is attempting to operate when i use the automatic locking mechanism but it doesn't actually do anything. It also only makes a noise when I attempt to lock, not unlock no matter where the lock is at the time I push the button. I ordered a new lock actuator and replaced the old one, still the same problem. What is my next step? What's the next thing to test.

Thanks

Please let me know if you need more info.

ezone 06-10-2018 07:54 PM

Re: Automatic Doors Locks won't work (not the actuator)

the driver side requires that I first pull open the handle in order to depress the lock a the top of the door.
Correct. You must do this if you try to lock the door with it open. It's explained in the owners manual.

cbr600rr 06-10-2018 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by ezone (Post 4746279)
Correct. You must do this if you try to lock the door with it open. It's explained in the owners manual.

Okay, so that's normal, thanks. But the real issue is that the automatic door lock switch does not lock/unlock the door when depressed. As I stated above, I have replaced the door lock actuator and it still will not work. what could be the problem?

ezone 06-10-2018 08:38 PM

But the real issue is that the automatic door lock switch does not lock/unlock the door when depressed.
You still have to either pull out the handle if the door is open, or the door must be closed before the door can be locked.

Test for full battery voltage and full ground at the power lock connector while operating the power lock

cbr600rr 06-10-2018 09:00 PM

Test for full battery voltage and full ground at the power lock connector while operating the power lock

Thanks! I'll check there next

ezone 06-10-2018 09:03 PM

Alternatively, use some jumper wires to power up the actuator (both directions) and make sure it actually works.

Be sure to either close the latch manually first or hold one of the handles out when you do it.