Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/36-mechanical-problems-vehicle-issues-fix-forum)
-   -   i lost my anti theft code for the cd player (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/36-mechanical-problems-vehicle-issues-fix-forum/54984-i-lost-my-anti-theft-code-cd-player.html)

sauado 09-18-2002 01:50 AM

i lost my anti theft code for the cd player

wat can I do?
Thx
sauado@hotmail.com

cheesy9999 09-18-2002 01:52 AM

I think you have to take it to the dealer and they have to verify it's yours and look up the serial number and stuff like that. That's what the stickers are for (I put one in my car where no one will look[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG])

pounds 09-18-2002 01:57 AM

or if you wanna get really crazy...just write it in marker somewhere on the rear (the back metal part that is in the dash)

they have those codes so that if someone steals your cd player they cant use it...but if they steal it, they cant use it, and niether can you....so you basically get screwed either way, the guy isnt gonna bring it back and say...sorry i took it but couldnt use it, you can have it back![IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

just take it to the dealer and they will help you out:)

netcbc 09-18-2002 02:16 AM

Look in the mirror and say "your screwed!"

j/k, best to go to the dealer

cheesy9999 09-18-2002 02:20 AM

True the wouldn't bring it back, but they probably wouldn't steal it in the first place. My car was broken into and they didn't take the radio (but then again they didn't take much...my cell phone cradle, radar detector power cord, glasses, and TOOTHBRUSH for chrisakes...)

APS 09-18-2002 08:36 AM

Had the same problem.....look in the front cover of your manual, sometimes your dealer write it there, or look under you fuse box under the hood...if you see a 5 digit number starting witht the number 6 then thats it....if none of that works, then you take it in, they pull it out, check the serial number and then they can give you the code.

cheesy9999 09-18-2002 10:53 AM

My dealer just gave me two stickers and the card...aso look for stickers with a barcode on it.

solar 09-18-2002 11:49 AM

They gave me a credit card sized card with the code on it, my dealer pounded the idea in my head that I put the card in a safe place just in case. I'm glad they did, because I hear is a real pain in the arus to get the code from honda.

LuvDatCivic 09-18-2002 11:36 PM

Get an aftermarket HU!!!:)

slick 09-21-2002 03:52 PM

ahhhhh...
this is the problem that i am having. i just removed the factory HU and when i went to install it again, the darn thing didn't work and it said "code" on it. i had no clue what that meant. darn dealer never even gave me the code, but oh well, now that i know what the problem is, i'm relieved. getting a new HU on monday, so its okay.

btw, how do i get a thread deleted? i created a new thread in ICE and i found my answer, so i think it should be deleted.

CloverG01Civic 10-02-2002 02:44 PM

if you know which honda dealership it was from just call them they will give the code to you i didnt and i spent a good hour taking out my console then my whole dash just to get the serial number of of my player it was a pain. but a least it works now.

Elite 10-07-2002 04:19 PM

I took mine to the dealer and they found it in my glove compartment, I felt like a dumb@$$ after they showed me:_doh: spent almost an hour there also