Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/36-mechanical-problems-vehicle-issues-fix-forum)
-   -   How Come My God Darn Car Look Like This? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/36-mechanical-problems-vehicle-issues-fix-forum/369921-how-come-my-god-darn-car-look-like.html)

HuntinFishinMan 04-20-2017 08:26 PM

How Come My God Darn Car Look Like This?

1 Attachment(s)
The rear wheels are like / \

how can i fix this myselfs:th_redx:?

Attachment 113691

Poopies 04-20-2017 10:16 PM

Re: How Come My God Darn Car Look Like This?

Was it in an accident?! What did you do to it?
If that car isn't lowered, getting it checked out at a body shop would be a good idea. It needs an alignment at the LEAST, and that's if they don't find any damage.
If the car WAS lowered (i.e. shorter springs) and NOT in an accident, you need a camber kit and an alignment. Or go back to stock shocks and get an alignment.
Also, a new bumper. That ass looks like ASS. :rofl:

5.0Thunder 04-21-2017 07:26 AM

Looks too symmetric to be from an accident, although the missing bumper could tell a different story. I'm going to guess it needs some sort of camber "links" or bushings, not knowing anything about the rear suspension on these cars.

HuntinFishinMan 04-21-2017 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Poopies (Post 4722874)
Was it in an accident?! What did you do to it?
If that car isn't lowered, getting it checked out at a body shop would be a good idea. It needs an alignment at the LEAST, and that's if they don't find any damage.
If the car WAS lowered (i.e. shorter springs) and NOT in an accident, you need a camber kit and an alignment. Or go back to stock shocks and get an alignment.
Also, a new bumper. That ass looks like ASS. :rofl:

It hasn't been lowered and as far as I know it hasn't been in an accident. Well, I crashed it last week and tore the bumper off but the wheels were already sitting crossed like that. Pretty sure it was like that when I bought it, 2 years ago.

AFAIK everything is stock. I did replace the spring/shocks with junkyard replacements that looked relatively new, I just assumed they were stock.

I'm cheap as hell so I'll probably just look on here to find a way to adjust the camber myself.

Thanks for your input Poopy

mikey1 04-21-2017 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by HuntinFishinMan (Post 4722904)
I'm cheap as hell

if that's the case then whats the problem?

if its not causing any issues while driving, leave it as is

if you are "cheap" as you said then there in no point in spending any money on this

GolNat 04-21-2017 11:28 PM

Camber is not adjustable from the factory. You will need to buy camber arms if you want to move it (I have some for sale btw).

I would say something is wrong though since it is not normally cambered that much with factory parts.