Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/36-mechanical-problems-vehicle-issues-fix-forum)
-   -   need to check out, What you see you wont believe.... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/36-mechanical-problems-vehicle-issues-fix-forum/368260-need-check-out-what-you-see-you-wont-believe.html)

mnelson696 08-31-2016 03:25 AM

need to check out, What you see you wont believe....

Guys my 2003 civic ex vtech has 100k miles brand new timing belt headgasket new every part on car, seriously. Just put new engine in it, when i drive it sometimes rarely makes an extreme rattling sound from somewhere for like 5 seconds then goes away it sounds like one of the tires is shaking like insane, however they do get low sometimes but i dont think when this happens.. other than that it runs perfectly. the tires were all brand new however the car sat along time after blowing motor n back 2 tires go flat every couple days. could this be a tire or alignment issue, im stumped? i want to fix n im mechanically inclined however idk where to start for this one. Thank you so much guys, i know im new here, i owe you guys everything i will answer as many of other peoples questions as i can to pay it back. thanks guys. :):rockon::evil::fart::vtec:

5.0Thunder 08-31-2016 06:44 AM

Re: need to check out, What you see you wont believe....

It would help us best diagnose the issue if you could determine the relative location or exact area from where the sound is coming. You mention a new engine but think the rattling may be coming from the rear tires. Is the sound coming from the rear for sure? does it do this at a certain speed or any speed?

mnelson696 08-31-2016 06:35 PM

i notice it at like average speeds like 50mph. it just shakes bad for like3 seconds and stops . and happens every now and then.

sdaidoji 08-31-2016 06:51 PM

it's a rattling sound or a shake? confused still

mnelson696 09-01-2016 11:28 AM

picture hitting like 10 speed bumps in a row at full speed.

Colin42 09-01-2016 02:06 PM

check that all your bushings and bolts are tight

mnelson696 09-01-2016 03:08 PM

i noticed a tire balance weight in my driveway that fell off . could that cause it as well?

Colin42 09-01-2016 03:17 PM

having unbalanced tires certainly isn't going to help, having the car sit not moving on flat tires for a long time isn't going to help either.

start checking for loose/broken suspension things,
might want to get the balance on the wheels checked as well

mnelson696 09-02-2016 01:57 PM

thanks everyone went to town fair tire today and they balanced the tire that had the weight fall off and rotated the tires . hopefully that did it.

5.0Thunder 09-21-2016 06:34 AM

I can't imagine that would only cause problems at a certain speed range but was it fixed?