Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Electrical (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/359-electrical)
-   -   2010 DX Manual Door conversion to power locks (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/359-electrical/373067-2010-dx-manual-door-conversion-power-locks.html)

dencocity 04-15-2018 06:51 AM

2010 DX Manual Door conversion to power locks

I just purchased a used 2010 civic DX with manual door locks and want to convert to power door. I bought an EX door controller, an EX actuator which I’ve already installed and also bought EX door harness but I don’t know what other harness I need to buy and what relays I need to buy. I want to do it myself to save money but I want to use Honda OEM parts. I am also looking at buying EX power side mirrors to complete the conversion. Starting out with the driver door then slowly move on to all other 3 doors.

Slumpertcivic 04-16-2018 12:17 AM

Re: 2010 DX Manual Door conversion to power locks

I would start by looking at the cabin fuse box part numbers on DX vs EX
Then I would look for a EX at a pick a part junkyard and gather up everything needed.

Evan.andrews 12-16-2018 08:55 AM

Did you ever have any luck with this? I am trying the same thing with a '10 dxvp. I sourced the switches, wiring and actuators from doaner vehicles, but no power. The fuse box is the same as an lx, and the fuse is in place, but I can't seem to figure out what else I need. I have heard that flahing the computer may help. Anyone ever made this work?

dencocity 04-28-2019 06:23 PM

This past weekend, I finally replaced the entire floor harness all the way back to the trunk. I also replaced the dash harness and after putting everything back together, I connected the battery and my doors now open automatically, side mirrors operate automatically.

There is one major problem, the green light is flashing and my key will not start the car. I towed the car to a locksmith and the tried and could not program the car. They said that there is some thing wrong internally.

All I did was swap wires so I cannot figure out why my key will not start. I've check the fuse and everything seems find.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to why the green light keeps flashing and the mobilizer does not have any communication?

Thanks a lot for any of your help. Now I have an auto door, window, side mirror but the car will not drive.

dencocity 04-28-2019 06:24 PM

I got everything done but now the car will not start, the mobilizer unit is not having any communication

dencocity 04-28-2019 06:25 PM

This past weekend, I finally replaced the entire floor harness all the way back to the trunk. I also replaced the dash harness and after putting everything back together, I connected the battery and my doors now open automatically, side mirrors operate automatically.

There is one major problem, the green light is flashing and my key will not start the car. I towed the car to a locksmith and the tried and could not program the car. They said that there is some thing wrong internally.

All I did was swap wires so I cannot figure out why my key will not start. I've check the fuse and everything seems find.

Does anyone have any suggestion as to why the green light keeps flashing and the mobilizer does not have any communication?

Thanks a lot for any of your help. Now I have an auto door, window, side mirror but the car will not drive.

Colin42 04-28-2019 06:49 PM

Did something not get plugged back in?

dencocity 04-28-2019 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Colin42 (Post 4761035)
Did something not get plugged back in?

i plugged everything back in.
The harness I got was from a car with sun roof so naturally there are a couple connections that have no where to go but I can’t imagine that’s causing the problem

Colin42 04-28-2019 07:53 PM

Did you repin any of the harnesses?

dencocity 04-28-2019 07:58 PM

No rep-pin. All wires were plug and play.

Colin42 04-28-2019 10:10 PM

Something must be wrong in the dash harness that you put in with the immobilizer wires/connectors. Going to have to start doing continuity tests and tracing wires

dencocity 04-30-2019 10:02 PM

So I did a continuity test and did not find any issues and I had an idea to put back my DX fuse box and what do you know, the silly thing started however my door locks do not work. After a bit of research, I found out that the EX fuse box also is paid to the key transponder and for it to work, it must be re-programmed although I heard this may not be possible. Does anyone know of how I can reprogram the fuse box to match my DX transponder?