Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   Finally Washed the civic (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/75322-finally-washed-civic.html)

civicdude 02-04-2003 11:08 PM

Finally Washed the civic

I just couldnt take it anymore. The car was so disgustingly dirty that I finally gave in and washed it. After work today, it was sort of warm...about 40 degrees lol. I washed my civic and my girlfriends 02 civic.....They both look so good. I would of taken pics but by the time I finished it was dark, windy and cold yuk.....But at least my car looks good.:)

noahnoah 02-05-2003 01:03 AM

Don't you just looooove the transformation from dirty ol civic to nice and shiny civic. I try to wash mine at least 2 times a week. Sometimes I get busy though and ya know. I just washed mine yesterday.

civicdude 02-05-2003 09:43 AM

I hadnt cleaned mine in 3 months lol. It was brown and so was my girls blue civic....The dirt was sooo thick. There is still some dirt on my rims and I cleaned them with acid. Hopefully it will get a little warmer and I can wax them this weekend.....I wasnt able to do that last night because it got really cold and windy and started to get dark....

People at work keep coming up to me today and saying how good my car looks...They cant believe I actually cleaned it. I still need to do the interior but it will have to wait for warm weather..

hondah1 02-05-2003 07:46 PM

Dude, you washed your car in 40 degree weather!? Thats dedication! I did the same thing when it was like 50 here, and damn, my hands felt like they were frozen after ten minutes! It's worth it though, right!?:tup:

Toca 02-05-2003 08:26 PM

Good job :tup: 40 is nice.. I washed my car too it felt sooo good.

civicdude 02-06-2003 07:10 AM

My hands were numb. It took an hour for them to get back to room temperature. I think I may of sold my rims and tires too. Turning out to be a good week...[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Grey 02-06-2003 11:29 PM

40 ain't nothin. Try 30. Yeah, water starts freezin'. You have to wear rubber gloves to keep your hands from getting wet. Otherwise bye bye fingers. Snip snip. Ugh! I did that once or twice last year. This year my mom won't let me do it. I made the driveway freeze over last year since I can only wash my car from 6:00AM - 8:00AM and from 6:00PM - 8:00PM. Kinda stupid, huh? Damn water restriction laws! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] Oh yeah, only every odd day too. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG]

civicdude 02-07-2003 04:45 PM

Grey...you dont have to tell me..I know. I used to work for a ford dealer and also a Porsche, VW, AUDI, Panos dealer and I was out side washing cars in 20 degree weather...Rain or snow I was there....brrrr

Steely 02-10-2003 09:29 AM

I spent like 3 hours yesterday making my baby shine good. I did everything to it since it had been neglected for awhile. :cry: Wouldn't you know it, it snowed last night. So I about died. Why does that always happen? As long as it is dirty, it doesn't snow, but as soon as you clean it, the sky starts clouding over. Oh well, at least it is shiny underneath all the snow!:_doh:

civicdude 02-10-2003 09:33 AM

Dont have to tell me, I know....It snowed 3 days after I cleaned mine...and now its dirty but still cleaner than it was that day...Its going to snow again today....Oh well it is the winter lol

iluvbritney 02-10-2003 10:55 PM

i'm bout to do it