Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   Bird crap (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/70915-bird-crap.html)

WD40 01-09-2003 10:11 AM

Bird crap

A bird crapped on my fender, and I was a little lazy in getting it off. It appears to have damaged the paint, or the clearcoat, or something. I have a picture HERE. Is there anything I can do for it, or is this now a permanant feature of my car?

civicdude 01-09-2003 10:21 AM

Thats not a really good picture. What have you tried to remove it with so far? You can try to wash it down with car soap and a clean sponge, Dry it and then take 3m rubbing compound and rub it in good until it dissapears. After you compound go over the spot with wax.

If this doesnt work then you may have to take it to a body shop or detailer and let them wet sand and compound it off. Bird poop is really hard to get rid of if you let it sit on the paint too long. It really doesnt take to long for the poop to stain the paint either.

I hope this helps you.

FALKEN 01-09-2003 10:28 AM

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

I don't mean to laugh but, you do have a towel somewhere in your house right??
TAKE ONE WITH YOU----EVERYWHERE :)
ESPECIALLY WITH A BLACK CAR

THAT DOES SUCK THOUGH :tdown::shake::tdown:

civicdude 01-09-2003 10:31 AM

A towel?? Why does he need a towel?? That would of made it worse....When you want to remove bird poop, the best thing to do is to get it moist.....by spraying it with car detailer spray or using soap and water.....Dont rub the poop......and when it is really moist, take a soft clean towel and just wipe it off. If not you may have to use the hose to get it off.

FALKEN 01-09-2003 10:52 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: civicdude
A towel?? Why does he need a towel?? That would of made it worse....When you want to remove bird poop, the best thing to do is to get it moist.....by spraying it with car detailer spray or using soap and water.....Dont rub the poop......and when it is really moist, take a soft clean towel and just wipe it off. If not you may have to use the hose to get it off.[hr]

"a towel"...... to get wet and take care of it...

I keep 'quik-detailer' and a towel in the trunk for issues like this :_doh:

WD40 01-09-2003 11:02 AM

Yeah, I can't really get a better picture. I've washed and waxed it, but to no avail. If I run my finger over it the paint feels rough where the streak is. Damn birds.

Mbow 01-09-2003 02:32 PM

I'd try some 3m swirl remover for dark cars. Plan for your arm to get sore because it's going to take a lot of rubbing...hopefully it didn't go too deep.

Always keep some meg's quick detailer and terry towel in the trunk. I used to get bombed every single morning for like months when I first got my nbp sedan. No stains because I got it off everyday..

Pinoy3LeR 01-10-2003 09:44 AM

ooh that sucks[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/IMG]

neoretromax 01-11-2003 02:56 PM

investigation of the picture reveals:
A: a long post poopage streak
B: a black car with a bad stain from above poopage

recommendation:
use paint cleaner, not cleaner wax, just the regular cleaner (may require a few applications)
and then your usual wax.

if above recommendation does not remove poopage streak take the car to the nearest detail shop,
give them 15 bucks and ask them to remove it.

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]

ZSKCivic01 01-15-2003 07:34 AM

This is what I do with my blue civic when this happens, I use meguiars Paint cleaner and that will get that mark right off. The thing is that you have to keep working at it with the paint cleaner, it won't come right off. Every mark that bird crap has made on my car has come off with the paint cleaner, just takes alot of cleaning to remove it. Hope this help.