Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   Whats the the dirtiest you car has been? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/69917-whats-dirtiest-you-car-has-been.html)

2k2civicRAY 01-03-2003 08:03 AM

Whats the the dirtiest you car has been?

Okay, for New Years I happened to know where all the license checks were, so I took alternate routes. When I got home it looked like I took the civic mud slinging!! I mean I had mud caked up in the fenderwells and the bad part is I didn't even go off road. Well I had to wash the whole car twice, each rim twice and now I even see spots that I missed:_doh: At least now its all sparkly again [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] I guess this is the dirtiest it has been, how dirty has your's been?

666 01-03-2003 05:47 PM

Last winter I never washed mine for about 5 months, it looked white from all the road salt. I have a winter car now so I don't have to worry about it.

sspem2 01-03-2003 06:19 PM

my baby never gets dirty. i fully detail it inside and out everyweek. i get all the door trims, gas tank, trunk trims, i mean everything. everyweek i spend like 3 hours just cleaning my car. shes still looks like it jsut came from the showroom floor few minutes ago. :) i take prideon my civic cuz before i had a POS 90 corisca always breaking down on me so i dont take this car for granted. i love it. i keep it so clean cuz i love it and i wanna put it in car shows all over florida when im worty enuff. :) as a matter of fact i just cleaned her today and shes sitting in the driveway sparkling. :):):):):):)

JSH2001 01-07-2003 07:14 PM

Right now... too much snow and not enough sun

neoretromax 01-07-2003 11:37 PM

well it was in the summer when i was on a road trip in eastern washington, i was driving at night to some hick town to get a beer. i was driving by some salt lake or mineral lake or something, some type of gnat spawning grounds. the road was filled with gnats, looked like a blizzard and i drove through these guys for 20 miles. in the morning when i saw my car it was orange, and its normally white. i used two containers of the bug&tar remover wipes to get the bugs off. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]

FALKEN 01-10-2003 04:10 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: neoretromax
in the morning when i saw my car it was orange, and its normally white. i used two containers of the bug&tar remover wipes to get the bugs off. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG][hr]

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

Subrage 01-15-2003 10:45 PM

When i bought my car. I told them not to even worry about cleaning it. i wanted to.

civicdude 01-17-2003 08:24 AM

I havent cleaned my car in over 2 months....It is filthy now. It is sooo dirty that even the birds wont crap on it lol.

PicCoLoboi02 01-26-2003 11:18 PM

my car right now has been never this dirty before...it has at least 30 dead bugs on the front bumper with a couple of blood spots on the hood. I have a TW car too :_doh:

civicdude 01-28-2003 06:49 AM

Here I took pics of what it looks like right now:
click here

sg2kca 01-28-2003 08:48 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: civicdude
click here[hr]
no snow there? lucky s.o.b. j/k wanna switch places??

drang01 01-28-2003 10:14 PM

my car is rarely dirty.. though the worse its ever been was 3 hours after I washed it . The day started out just cloudy and I wanted to get my car washed before I ran other errands .. after washing my car I picked up my girlfriend and we drove out to her favorite resturant which is the only one in the area and its about 30 miles away. So anyhow the clouds grew grey the rain came pouring and we had to go through a construction zone and I was behing dump truck several times.... I was so pissed.. so I washed it myself the next day glazed and waxed and it stayed clean for a long time after that.. I have a black one too.

civicdude 01-31-2003 08:07 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: sg2kca

click here[hr]
no snow there? lucky s.o.b. j/k wanna switch places??[hr]
Its been snowing on and off for weeks, thats why my car looks like that....We have snow on the ground now, but its not bad....Only and inch or two

Weaponx12o 02-01-2003 12:12 PM

dirty enough to make me cry and say sorry to it. hahaha [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG] so in other words, the way it is right now

Renamazazo 02-04-2003 03:44 AM

click here[hr]
Your car is nice, but it's funny that your signature says "Cleanest 7th gen in town" kinda contradictory...
-Mark

civicdude 02-04-2003 08:55 AM

Mark,
It usually is the cleanest. I havent had time to get it detailed. I think this weekend I am going to bring it to the shop I used to work at to have it done. I would love to just bring it to a car wash but im not sure if I can with the bumper and the rims on the car.

Renamazazo 02-04-2003 01:10 PM

Mark,
It usually is the cleanest. I havent had time to get it detailed. I think this weekend I am going to bring it to the shop I used to work at to have it done. I would love to just bring it to a car wash but im not sure if I can with the bumper and the rims on the car.[hr]
I know, I'm just giving you a hard time, there is nothing wrong with a dirty car, I haven't washed mine in like 3 weeks cause the weather has been rainy and cold, and it's not very fun to wash cars in that kind of weather as you know. My girlfriend's house has a warm water hose...but to use I have to wash her mom's porsche along with my car...
-Mark

civicdude 02-04-2003 01:59 PM

Mark,
I used to work for Porsche....What year and model does she have? Please tell me she doesnt have a Tiptronic tranny

no 02-04-2003 09:25 PM

I bought my car in the summer of 2002 and since then Iv'e kept it very clean, I wash it ones aweek and Iv'e wax it three time this winter. I just got wex as you dry sh*t for my birthday so ill be useing that now. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

NeonImpact 02-18-2003 02:58 PM

right now i detail my car with 4 feet of snow on top of it..

helps bring that bright white shine to my satin silver! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

nytejade 02-26-2003 10:37 AM

click here[hr]
Wow. I don't feel so badly now. My car is black so the salt stands out more, but it's certainly not THAT dirty. We had rain from Friday -> Monday morning so a lot of the salt got washed off.

I feel your pain. I used to wash my car every Saturday morning. Sometimes more, but since the winter hit I've only been able to wash it maybe two or three times. The spring isn't coming quickly enough. I need to wash my car.

MIR 03-09-2003 02:16 PM

not too too dirty..mostly just with salt and snow..i try to wash it once a week at a coin bay

GoOkStA 03-10-2003 09:31 AM

rarely dirty, always kept clean, besides the day of ice and snow, but the next day when it clears up, washed

Macko 03-14-2003 02:12 AM

My car was white/grey just yesterday litterally...you can't tell what the original colour was (black) , went for a wash last night it now shines like a homie's mouth loaded with bling. i shouuld've taken pic before and after.. forgot the cam..

2Hottie 03-14-2003 08:34 AM

Good that the weather will clear up & be nice this weekend round here...need to change the oil and wash & detail the car cause it is very dirty!

2Hottie