Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   how do i get rid of that black stripe across the door? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/65777-how-do-i-get-rid-black-stripe-across-door.html)

KEychain 12-05-2002 06:10 AM

how do i get rid of that black stripe across the door?

should i do it myself? or just go to an autobody shop..and how much would that cost??

robbclark1 12-05-2002 07:39 AM

are u talking about the pinstripe? If you are then most likely you can remove it yourself. just heat it up with hair dryer and start to pull. Use goof off/goo gone to get the residue off. Unfortunately, if your car is like mine, then it might be painted on, which would require someone else to do it.

KEychain 12-05-2002 11:12 AM

http://photoserver1.trader.ca/autotr...2htj30-03.jpeg
that black strip ..is that the pinstripe?

KEychain 12-05-2002 11:15 AM

hmm.. or maybe i should paint it ...does anyone know how to do that?

robbclark1 12-05-2002 11:41 AM

just heat it up with a hair dryer and pull it off. it is just held on by double stick tape. You can paint it if you want but I think they look better without that on there, especially since there is no groove in the body.

KEychain 12-05-2002 06:58 PM

okay thanx ill do that [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

FALKEN 12-06-2002 10:06 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: KEychain
http://photoserver1.trader.ca/autotr...2htj30-03.jpeg
that black strip ..is that the pinstripe?[hr]

Are you talking about the side molding??

If you are, then expect to take a trip to the body-shop to fill the "holes" behind the strip.
(2-doors are held on by 3M tape but 4-doors are both clipped and taped)

:)

KEychain 12-06-2002 10:55 PM

o really dam lucky i didnt do it yet LoLz..
so i guess i should paint it huh?

KEychain 12-06-2002 11:28 PM

how much would it cost?? and if i were to do it myself wat would i have to use? do i have to sand it and shit?

WannaBFast 12-11-2002 03:08 AM

i think u can buy color matching moulding online somewhere i think hondawerks.com

or if not handaaccesories.com should have it...

2Hottie 12-11-2002 08:39 AM

Do like Robb said above with the hot air dryer....get some floss or fishing line and wedge it behind the moulding...then just pull as the moudling is heated up...should slide off...that is what I did with my bro's Cavalier moudlings, came right off!!!

2Hottie

FALKEN 12-11-2002 09:59 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: 2Hottie
Do like Robb said above with the hot air dryer....get some floss or fishing line and wedge it behind the moulding...then just pull as the moudling is heated up...should slide off...that is what I did with my bro's Cavalier moudlings, came right off!!!

2Hottie[hr]

:_doh: I didn't know that "fishing line" would cut through the plastic clips :_doh:

:_doh: IT'S A 4-DOOR...IT HAS CLIPS BEHIND IT :_doh:

JUST GO BUY "COLOR-MATCHED" MOLDINGS AND REPLACE

WSRcivic 01-05-2003 08:26 AM

sedans dont have clips behind it. its only glued to the doors with double adhesives.

FALKEN 01-07-2003 01:58 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: WSRcivic
sedans dont have clips behind it. its only glued to the doors with double adhesives.[hr]

So mine is the ONLY sedan with the CLIPS AND 3M TAPE huh??

COOL :tup: I HAVE A 'CUSTOM' CIVIC!! :)

:_doh:

nme3 01-08-2003 06:34 PM

yah i got a dx sedan and it has holes left behind. how much would it cost for a shop to fill it in?

what other suggestions you all got to cover up the holes?

FALKEN 01-09-2003 09:25 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: WSRcivic
sedans dont have clips behind it. its only glued to the doors with double adhesives.[hr]

If you don't know...just say that you don't know, or just shut-up alltogether [IMG]i/expressions/demon.gif[/IMG]

mykungfuisthebest 01-22-2003 10:42 AM

DIY ON REMOVING TRIM AND GAINING HORSEPOWER

step 1. heat and remove molding

step 2. pop clips out of the holes

step 3. cover holes with large stickers of parts that are not on your car

bam there you go HP and great looks wahahahahahahahaha

[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]

FALKEN 01-22-2003 10:49 AM

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

nme3 01-22-2003 07:24 PM

damn, lol !!! [IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

stickers eh [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]