Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   Never let those damn sprinklers get your car!!!! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/63616-never-let-those-damn-sprinklers-get-your-car.html)

sumama 11-18-2002 06:38 PM

Never let those damn sprinklers get your car!!!!

I know this is common sense, but damn, sprinkler water spots just won't come off!! even with wax!!! and they really look bad and nasty. luckily, i have a white car, so it's not that visible. but if you have a dark colored car, and get sprinkled on, wash your car immediately!! Just looking out. :tup:

CarbonFly 11-18-2002 06:40 PM

Dude, what kind of water are the sprinklers in your town spraying on to the lawn? Hydrochlric acid? I don't have problems get them off.

Jon 11-18-2002 06:45 PM

u mean the ones that smell like a mix of ass and rotten eggs, that would be sulfur in the water most likely

if for some reason u can't get it off, use 3M rubbing compound on the area and be sure to afterwards apply wax to the same area, since the rubbing compound will take off the wax.

BrotherSound 11-18-2002 07:02 PM

I use to have that same problem with my old car. you hafta wipe the water off asap. cuz if you leave it on, the sun bakes the spots into your clearcoat. I could never get them off on my old car & it was a black car so you could see them easily. you may want to try that Meguiars 3-step surface cleaning system, the paint cleaner/polish/caranuba wax process. I've never personally tried it but my brother lives by it! that may help you!

G-luck! :tup:

Boosted2k2 11-18-2002 07:40 PM

yeah, its prolly just everything in the water. Calcium Carbonate is probably most likely to cause a hard water stain:tup:

sumama 11-19-2002 01:16 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: FlyRiceRacer02
Dude, what kind of water are the sprinklers in your town spraying on to the lawn? Hydrochlric acid? I don't have problems get them off.[hr]
I don't know about your city sprinklers, but I think sprinkler water has some chemicals in it like chlorine that fawk up your paint if you don't clean it on time. I was just looking out, dayam. no need to flame. sheesh!:shake:

civicdude 11-19-2002 08:39 AM

You may be able to get the water spots off using Clay bar....If that doesnt work then you may have to have the car wheeled out.....or wet sanded.....if worse comes to worse.

CarbonFly 11-20-2002 05:59 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: sumama

[hr]Originally posted by: FlyRiceRacer02
Dude, what kind of water are the sprinklers in your town spraying on to the lawn? Hydrochlric acid? I don't have problems get them off.[hr]
I don't know about your city sprinklers, but I think sprinkler water has some chemicals in it like chlorine that fawk up your paint if you don't clean it on time. I was just looking out, dayam. no need to flame. sheesh!:shake:[hr]
I wasn't trying to flame......just making a joke. I was really wondering what kind of water your neighbors are using.

DrAnsiFL 11-25-2002 10:45 PM

I wish I could only worry about skanky sprinkler water. You guys have idea how bad the love bugs are that we get down here in Florida. I don't know how far they spread in the US, but at 40mpg or higher they spat on your card and their guts really are an acid of some kind. If you don't get them off quick they will eat into your paint. I've never seen anything short of a brillo pad take them off...NASTY.

Brian

JohnnyLee 11-27-2002 12:23 AM

The water from the sprinklers over here are bad too. It suxs[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]