Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   rear passenger side armrest gashed! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/55455-rear-passenger-side-armrest-gashed.html)

Kairi 09-21-2002 07:32 PM

rear passenger side armrest gashed!

K, today my mom leaves me at home with two stupid as$ brothers. They begging all day to have some hamburgers made and my mom is like: "fill the propane tanks up and make them hamburgers" so I call up my dad and am like "where the helI do I fill them up at?" and he's like take them in your car and goto gasstation. and realize, those things have been outside covered in spider webs, gone through rain, rusted to the point where the rust is rusting, and I'm like 'oh heck no I am NOT putting those dirty as$ things in my car" so he says for me to cover them up in the back seat and take them. So well, I have a coupe, and could fit 3 in back (2 on seat, 1 on floor behind me) and took them there driving like 15 mph everywhere just so they wouldn't fall and scratch shi^ up. so I got them there, and took them back, and when I take them out at home, I find this HUGE gash right there in my rear passenger side armrest. so now, I wanna fix it.

Question issss....

How do I repair the rear plastic ish?

Is it made of some certain type of texture where they have like touch up kits to repair it with?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

-Kairi

2Hottie 09-22-2002 06:31 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: Kairi
K, today my mom leaves me at home with two stupid as$ brothers. They begging all day to have some hamburgers made and my mom is like: "fill the propane tanks up and make them hamburgers" so I call up my dad and am like "where the helI do I fill them up at?" and he's like take them in your car and goto gasstation. and realize, those things have been outside covered in spider webs, gone through rain, rusted to the point where the rust is rusting, and I'm like 'oh heck no I am NOT putting those dirty as$ things in my car" so he says for me to cover them up in the back seat and take them. So well, I have a coupe, and could fit 3 in back (2 on seat, 1 on floor behind me) and took them there driving like 15 mph everywhere just so they wouldn't fall and scratch shi^ up. so I got them there, and took them back, and when I take them out at home, I find this HUGE gash right there in my rear passenger side armrest. so now, I wanna fix it.

Question issss....

Is it made of some certain type of texture where they have like touch up kits to repair it with?

-Kairi[hr]

I think you can buy vinyl repair kits @ a local auto store, but they are hard to do as I already have used one on my old Cavalier and the are hard as $hit to use!!!

2Hottie

neoretromax 09-23-2002 07:00 PM

hmm i dunno about plastic, if its real bad though, you could go look at some junklot and see if they have any 7thgens, and maybe get that panel.

Boilermaker1 09-24-2002 11:18 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: Kairi

Question issss....

-Kairi[hr]

The $64000 question is...
Why didn't you put them in the trunk??? That's what the net is back there for.

Kairi 09-24-2002 11:23 AM

because my trunk carries a rim, 2 12's and a bottle of nos, with various glass and led's

edit: and I got rid of the net the day I got my speakers.