Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   DAMN HONDA DEALERSHIP (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/50039-damn-honda-dealership.html)

Importracer 08-15-2002 02:32 AM

DAMN HONDA DEALERSHIP

My car was at the honda dealership for over a week to get some stuff done like the engine temperature control sensor and the map sensor and all those things that needed to be replaced to stop the stalling problem, when i picked up my car i noticed it was shiney and clean but i didnt notice until today looking at my car in the sun, that there are swirl marks all over, im so pissed right now i dont know what to say, what do you guys think i should say to the service manager about this problem?

iceman 08-15-2002 02:44 AM

i personally think u should go back tot he dealership and have them fix it

DatJuice 08-15-2002 03:08 AM

:tup:yup i agree!! tell em it wasnt there b4! although they will say it was, jus keep bit*hin!! and be persistant!

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]

Gryphin 08-15-2002 03:40 AM

One thing you pick up around here when dealing with honda service, bit*h like youv'e never bit*hed before, scream , yell, point, bit*h, roll on the floor, and then say your going to sue!!!!!!!!! :susp: and then they will most likly fix whatever your problem is, but hey for all that work they better fix it [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

SpitakHye 08-15-2002 05:36 AM

its only swirl marks form a crapy wash or wax job. just go to the store and buy some HAZR or SWIRL SCRATCH remover, it should do the trick, and shure beats bit**ing at the dealership.

PoopyRay 08-15-2002 07:04 AM

ya man, just give it a good old fashioned wax job!

silverdevil 08-15-2002 08:27 AM

Did you ever think that they happened when you washed your car? How can you be sure it was when they did it? I'm sure that's what they'd say. So, just go get some tenis elbow waxing it and don't waste your time.

civicdude 08-15-2002 08:34 AM

I agree with the above. You may not of noticed it. The swirls may of been there before. You have no proof that they honda delaer caused the swirls to occur. Goto the local autoparts store and pick up some meguires swirl mark remover, also pick up a good quality carnuba wax. Remember to never use a circular motion when applying or removing wax because this causes swirl marks to occur. Always use a back and forth or side to side motion. Oh and im moving this thread to detailing....Youll get a better response there.:)

Amys2K2Civic 08-15-2002 11:12 AM

Normally when a car goes in for service, they dont wax it. Sometimes if its there for a while they will wash it and get all there fingerprints and dust and stuff off but they rarely wax it unless you request it.
I doubt they waxed it for you so you probably just never noticed them.
Alls you have to do is just wax it again and you should be fine

Amy

Importracer 08-15-2002 12:00 PM

well i called them this morning and they are going to have me bring the car to a really well known detailer here in my town and they are going to pay for a full detail, this guy is pretty expensive, its gonna be like 200.00 bucks for the job.. atleast its not coming out of my pocket!

civicdude 08-15-2002 03:23 PM

Im sure they have an account with him and they probably pay around $75. That is pretty good though....The car should look sweet.

2Hottie 08-15-2002 09:25 PM

Well, I had the same thing happen to me when I took my car to get inspected at the local Acura dealer...I picked it up and was like "Whoa, f&*k, that is shinier than it was!" Turns out they just washed it for me, went home and waxed it all up and looked very posh then...just a conveniece factor that some dealers do...there are still some nice dealerships out there!

2Hottie

TotalNewbie 08-16-2002 08:53 AM

If you know the dealership is going to wash your car, should you let them? I have to get an oil change soon, and the dealer told me they wash it as a "courtesy." My car is brand new, I've hand washed and waxed it 3 times....and I don't really want them to wash it, but I don't want to sound extreme by telling them not to. What do you think?

2Hottie 08-16-2002 02:19 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: TotalNewbie
If you know the dealership is going to wash your car, should you let them? I have to get an oil change soon, and the dealer told me they wash it as a "courtesy." My car is brand new, I've hand washed and waxed it 3 times....and I don't really want them to wash it, but I don't want to sound extreme by telling them not to. What do you think?[hr]
Hey, you are the customer, and as retail goes (which really sucks) is that the customer is always right...if it is a good dealership, they will listen to what the customer says!

2Hottie

Gizmo 08-16-2002 03:11 PM

The dealership I took my car to get the oil changed asked if they could wash the car. They did a damn good job washing it. I need to get it waxed again soon though. javascript:%20void(0)
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

VTECTypeR 08-29-2002 04:29 PM

Ive gotten an oil change from them not too long ago they gave the crapiest car wash. I guess because they were busy.I had to wait to hours to get the oil change.

:shake::shake: