Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   removing dealer logo (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/44927-removing-dealer-logo.html)

104234 07-12-2002 10:39 PM

removing dealer logo

Okay, first off, I did a search. I did not find anything on the subject.

So my question is:

How can I remove the dealer logo from my car? Specifically, what product will work without damaging my paint?

Thanks in advance.

civicdude 07-12-2002 11:15 PM

A few questions for you. Is the dealer logo a sticker? Or is it an emblem? If it is a sticker you can soak the sticker with soapy water or glass cleaner.....until it is soft then peel it off with your finger nail...Be careful not to chip the paint. Or you can try a heat gun or a blow dryer....go over the sticker but do not stay in one spot on the sticker...you could damage the paint(If you use a heat gun). and then pull off the sticker.

If it is an emblem then go get some dental floss and start on one end of the emblem and take the dental floss and out it in between the car and the emblem....work it all the way through...Pull off the emblem and remove any excess glue with your finger nail....Get the sticky residue off the car with a solvent like Afta or bug and tar remover....then wax over the spot.

104234 07-12-2002 11:24 PM

Well, I think it is a sticker. Could someone define the difference between an emblem and a sticker?

Ed 07-13-2002 12:25 AM

An emblem is like your "EX" or "LX" logo, a sticker is just a sticker [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

jro 07-13-2002 02:03 AM

it pisses me off when dealers put those stickers on the car. i paid for my car and i don't wish to advertise for the dealer. if they want me to advertise for them they can pay me! i removed mine with a blowdryer and bug&tar remover.
-jro

Bethany 07-13-2002 03:32 PM

Just go to the dealer and ask them to take it off. They'll do it for you. (or at least they should) They did that to my mom's car and she just had 'em take it off really quick. That pisses me off too when they do that. Nobody likes it.

DragonAce 07-13-2002 04:42 PM

heh heh..first thing i told the salesman..
"no advertising, unless ya wanna take another grand off the price".. :)

Mbow 07-13-2002 08:53 PM

I have just always used my finger nail to remove those type of stickers. If the car is still pretty new, you should be able to peel up the corners of the letters with your nail and pull the letter off in one piece. I have found that WD-40 removes sticky residue with it's eyes closed. Sometimes I also use polish to get rid of residue.

104234 07-13-2002 10:42 PM

Well, I removed the dealer logo today with soapy water and a finger nail. Thanks Civic dude. It was really much easier than I expected.

I actually meant to have the dealer remove it before delivery but I forgot to ask in my excitement. Thank you to everyone for the input.

civicdude 07-14-2002 11:09 PM

Anytime [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

dragoon 07-15-2002 12:48 AM

for my dealer emblem, i gently pulled it off without any help, and it came off just fine.

2001CIVICLX 07-15-2002 04:51 AM

[hr]Originally posted by: jro
it pisses me off when dealers put those stickers on the car. i paid for my car and i don't wish to advertise for the dealer. if they want me to advertise for them they can pay me! -jro[hr]
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

AMEN!!! AMEN!!!! AMEN!!!!

I removed mine with my fingernail and then washed it really well and waxed it....looks perfect...

2k2civicRAY 07-15-2002 10:43 AM

Want to remove your dealer logo.......well mine was just a sticker so i let the car sit in the sun for a couple of hours to heat up the glue a bit, then i slowly pulled the sucker off. After that i put some clear coat body scrub over the area to get any excess glue that was left and then i put some wax on it. But if you have a dealer badge just heat it up with a hair drier and slowly peal it off.

2Hottie 07-16-2002 09:01 AM

Probably just as easy is use a hair dryer, heat that thing up and then scrape it off gently with a creidt card or your fingernail..then get the stuff off with goo gone...

2Hottie

V4sh 07-24-2002 11:42 PM

After I removed the Civic emblem, i used an adhesive remover to remove the left over adhesive. But after i cleaned up, i looked and the black painted kinda faded so itz alot brighter and not matching with the rest. how can i fix this?

civicdude 07-25-2002 09:25 AM

Go over the spot with some hand glaze and then wax. The color of the paint will come back. You prolly faded it with the adhesive remover.

sweetness 07-25-2002 02:10 PM

My emblems popped right off and then I used bug and tar remover to take off the glue. Did the same with my pin-stripe.