Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   driverside floormat.... how can I get rid of...? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/43779-driverside-floormat-how-can-i-get-rid.html)

dups 07-05-2002 12:10 PM

driverside floormat.... how can I get rid of...?

I took out my floormats today to clean them and I noticed when I put them in the light the drivers side has sort of a worn flat spot on it from where my foot is all the time. How can I get the clean and fluffed up again so it looks good and doesn't look like its going to die? Thanks!

Mbow 07-05-2002 12:23 PM

YOu could try scrubbing it with a brush and some cleaner. Although, I don't think it will look too much better. If you keep the mats long enough, you will eventually wear a hole through it in that spot.

dups 07-05-2002 12:29 PM

I already tried scrubbing it.... is that normal for that spot to be there? And is there a way to prevent rubbing a hole through it?

Mbow 07-05-2002 01:50 PM

Yea, it is normal. That is where you heel rest and rubs the mat as you move your foot between the gas and break. You could just buy some cheap mats to go over your oe ones and take them out when you want the car to look good.

tummyboy 07-06-2002 10:05 AM

well its going to eventually going to pop through but. way to fluff it up is to wash the matt and while it is drying take a brush and go across the grain and let it dry that way then when it dries you can brush it back down and that should fluff it back up a little

slikor 07-08-2002 02:25 PM

well, my worthless driver's side OEM mat wears a hole in it where my heels are every 3 months or so...i've gotten it replaced by my dealership 4 times, but it is just crap...im convinced of that. i'll get some aftermarket mats someday, for now i'll have to get Rubber mats to rid myself of this problem.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]

Vizyun 07-11-2002 04:26 PM

Yeah, I hear that. That's why I'm just going to order a metal set. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] How low maintenance is that? :)

deathor 07-11-2002 07:44 PM

It's not that it isn't fluffed up anymore, but it is just that it is worn away.

Tarik 07-19-2002 10:46 PM

, i know what you are talking about, i have the same thing, i dont think there is a way to get rid of it, just going to have to deal with that spot.

AR 07-21-2002 12:31 AM

thats sucks. i still need to get matts. I may just get a cheap set

y2k2ciVic 07-30-2002 01:13 AM

i have cheap plastic clear ones for like 5 bucks at wal-mart, and i have same problem, dont waste your money except to stop stains.

jro 07-30-2002 09:48 PM

honda should have made the mats with a rubber/plastic area for the heel that won't wear as bad as carpet. i bought some mats like that at walmart for my old car a while ago. they wore pretty well.
-jro