Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   Washer fluid stains (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/42353-washer-fluid-stains.html)

taz757 06-25-2002 02:00 PM

Washer fluid stains

Guys, I need some help! I was washing my car this weekend and I noticed that I have a few blue spots on my hood from where there was washer fluid overspray or something. I tried washing and lots of elbow grease but it wouldn't come out! I have no clue as to what I should do! Blue on a white car like that just doesn't go good. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] I'm using Meguiar's Deep Purple for a car wash. I didn't bother waxing as it was too hot/sunny out when I washed. Please help! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

/taz757

civicdude 06-25-2002 02:53 PM

Try the clay bar...I have had that happen to me. The 7th gen washer nozzles leak....I used the clay bar and it removed the stain.

taz757 06-25-2002 03:05 PM

What's the best clay bar to use and where should I buy it? Also, how do I use this thing as I've never heard of it. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] These spots are really annoying and I need to get them off. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

Fructose 06-25-2002 09:47 PM

I use the mothers clay bar on my car, you can buy the set from pep boys that comes with the bar and a bottle of quick detail. After washing your car and drying you spray on the quick detailer, then rub lightly over the car (or washer stains) . It should pick up almost all impurities and hopefully take those stains out. If you wax afterwards it looks increadable! Oh the kit is about 13.00

tummyboy 06-25-2002 10:26 PM

I use the clay magic clay bar and I use a product by auto magic called body shine to keep the paint lubricated but you can use water to then just rub the clay on the paint and it will make it all pretty again...

civicdude 06-26-2002 11:21 AM

Clay Magic or 3M clay is the best way to go. i find that clay from meguires or mothers gets all brittle and crumbly. If you use it with water, make sure the car is soapy...the clay will slide better on the paint. I usually just thorw out that spray that they give you with the clay....its garbage.

taz757 06-28-2002 10:22 AM

Great news! I managed to get the washer stains off of my car! I was showing my car to a few people and they suggested some Simple Green. So, we busted that out and with a little elbow grease, majority of it came off! There was a few spots left. My dad was taking a look at my car and saw the few little spots left and he busted out this waterless wash/wax stuff and we used that and the rest of it came right off! I'm just hoping that the Simple Green didn't have anything in it to harm the clearcoat and stuff. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] I doubt it as you can use it to clean *anything*. Now the car needs a good wash and wax. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

civicdude 06-28-2002 11:47 AM

You can use Simple Green on the paint, just make sure that it is diluted with water, or it can harm the paint. I would recommend going over the spots with wax....to bring back the luster of the paint....