Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   How to fix chipped paint? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/40453-how-fix-chipped-paint.html)

noahnoah 06-12-2002 11:27 PM

How to fix chipped paint?

what is the best way to fix little chipped paint. I've used touch up paint but it just doesn't do the job

NickDaMans02Civic 06-13-2002 04:41 AM

Humm thats my nightmare I have a bra and I still get a few but its part of life you can touch up the big ones if you do too much then it will look like crap

Nick

CIVICMAN67 06-13-2002 08:21 AM

I would see if there is a Scratch Doctor in your town, they do real good work. The one around my house comes to you. He did my buddies whole Suburban for like $50. You can pick out the most little scratch and he would take care of it!

noahnoah 06-13-2002 12:35 PM

thanks

darkside420 06-14-2002 05:38 PM

stone chips.....man i have like 50 on the front bumper hood and they are all big then tons more spects..... do I drive to FAST [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] hehe

Anyways I practiced on the inner hood of my last car with smaller key scratches or chips that I made....usually I try to apply enough touch up paint to fill the hole/crack/chip. Sometimes a toothpick will work for those smaller chips. Try to use as little paint as possible. Some people wipe the surface with silk or a lint free material after it dries somewhat (2 minutes after applied on a cooler day). Personally I wait for the surface to dry and then get 3000 or 2500 wet/dry sandpaper and use the corner folder to the underside. Wet your sandpaper good and have water on hand to use. Then Double check that your over the spot with your little corner and twist your thumb on the paper. This should grip the paper to kinda spin it around, repeat this until u have your spot flush. Use Meguairs Scratch X or Mothers scratch remover a few times and then polish those spots a few more times. You then shouldn't be able to see those scratches after a couple good waxes.

My car has been abused / hit in the parking lots so I have had three little trenches in our plastic bumper that took me forever to fill but it actually turned out good.

good luck

l8r
darkside420

Give it a try under the hood or somewhere u could put a sticker if u don't like it. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

l8r
darkside420

slammed2k2 06-14-2002 08:35 PM

There is no solutioN!
I WORK @ BODY SHOP, i know thisss!
its never the same, scratch doctor included can not make it perfect!!!
and bras are very uglyyyyyy if u ask me, especially on red, white, or silver cars.

In my opinion, every person who cares for stone chips, should simply open their wallets and drop like 2-300 dollas oon repainting the bumper, n hood every spring!
Smarter to me

NickDaMans02Civic 06-15-2002 05:16 AM

Humm Yeah I would have rather had a real bumper on my civic that doesn't chip as easy as this POS, ugg hate honda for their flimsy ugg Bumpers just make them metal like the rest of the or something. When I did my DIY clear headlight I just couldn't believe how crappy that bumper is pathetic. Just venting arggg sometimes I am tempted to just buy a white bumper then I wouldn't have to worry anymore during the winter time HAHA

Nick