Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   okay this whole washing car business (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/38278-okay-whole-washing-car-business.html)

HeRbaLuS 05-28-2002 02:38 PM

okay this whole washing car business

i havent touched my car with a cloth since i got it summer is here now and i think i will spend some time all i been doing is powerwashing at the local hand wash......

now when i'm washing this thing what should i use to wash it with i dont want no scratches or anything so what are the soft clothes called out
there what material should i look for .....and what types of soap should i use and no used i need to know tha chemicals to avoid and all that stuff......and that waxing business....i guess i can figure that stuff out myself........drying off also i guess chemoise to do that job.....so just help me out yall give me some info.....

it's a silver car so i dont have to worry about water marks that much only on tha windows heheh....

well thanks

JSWhaler 05-28-2002 02:40 PM

ok, you first need to read the posts here in detailing cause everything is very well posted before you. You just need to read, hint: car soap, absorber, water, wax, microfiber towels

HeRbaLuS 05-28-2002 02:43 PM

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

yah i know i know

thought i would get some nice people but i guess not heheh guess i will search hehe

JSWhaler 05-28-2002 02:45 PM

I would understand if you had questions about things in other posts that keep changing everyday, but in the detailing forum, just about everything has been covered and stated very easily

HeRbaLuS 05-28-2002 03:15 PM

i just did a search on tha washing part but i dont see nothing about what to use when washing what type of cloth....hmm

JSWhaler 05-28-2002 03:26 PM

you don't need to search just thumb through the detailing forum. I wash my car with a nice mitt look at griotsgarage.com they will tell you everything

Bijutsuka 05-29-2002 09:53 PM

<< i havent touched my car with a cloth since i got it summer is here now and i think i will spend some time all i been doing is powerwashing at the local hand wash......

now when i'm washing this thing what should i use to wash it with i dont want no scratches or anything so what are the soft clothes called out
there what material should i look for .....and what types of soap should i use and no used i need to know tha chemicals to avoid and all that stuff......and that waxing business....i guess i can figure that stuff out myself........drying off also i guess chemoise to do that job.....so just help me out yall give me some info.....

it's a silver car so i dont have to worry about water marks that much only on tha windows heheh....

well thanks
>>

when washing your car don't use dish washing liquid, it will eat off your wax, try uying some sort of nice car wash. Wash your car in the shade and not when the sun is out and beaming on you and your car, this will cause streaking and marks or swirls on the paint. dry it off in the shade before you get hose water marks all over it. you can use a large towel, shammy or terry cloth to get the main amount of water offf this will only leave a little bit of water(not a big deal!)Get a new dry soft towel and go back over it. For your tires don't use black magic!it damages your rims and eats at your tires. use armorall. I also heard that baby oil works good too.

civicdude 05-30-2002 01:05 PM

<<

<< i havent touched my car with a cloth since i got it summer is here now and i think i will spend some time all i been doing is powerwashing at the local hand wash......

well thanks
>>

when washing your car don't use dish washing liquid, it will eat off your wax, try uying some sort of nice car wash. Wash your car in the shade and not when the sun is out and beaming on you and your car, this will cause streaking and marks or swirls on the paint. dry it off in the shade before you get hose water marks all over it. you can use a large towel, shammy or terry cloth to get the main amount of water offf this will only leave a little bit of water(not a big deal!)Get a new dry soft towel and go back over it. For your tires don't use black magic!it damages your rims and eats at your tires. use armorall. I also heard that baby oil works good too.
>>

Dont use armorall. It will turn your tires brown and it is water soluble. This means that when it rains or you hose your car off or you hit a puddle, the armorall will dissolve. Tou are always better off using a silicone based product. I have never heard of Black Magic destryoing the clear coat on the rim. I have been using it for years and never had a problem. The secret is to spray the tire product on and either cover your rims or wipe your rims down after with a clean cloth. Sometimes I use a product called "clear gaurd" on my tires. I find that it gives off a good gloss and it lasts a long time.