Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   Armorall cleaning wipes... (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/38003-armorall-cleaning-wipes.html)

lidcivic 05-26-2002 01:17 PM

Armorall cleaning wipes...

I bought some even though some people told me not to ("dries out the dash" etc. etc.) so after washing my car I decided to use some on my dash and it worked fine. Fast forward to the next day: I come out to look at my dash and I notice dust, it looks like i took tissue paper and used it to wipe. Little white things were left everywhere! To get it off i got a cotton wash cloth and used water to get the crap off. I'm done with Armorall, next time i'll just use wash cloths and water. Works better [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]

Lidia
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

JSWhaler 05-26-2002 01:46 PM

ya we've discussed this before, it stinks when it happens though

neoretromax 05-28-2002 12:03 AM

hey, ill have to show you the proper technique next meet or somethin.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

RBABE 05-28-2002 11:13 AM

After using something other than Armour All for luster, take a mini California Dash Duster to it to quickly and easily remove debris of all kinds!!! It looks sharp and is fast and easy!!! Good Luck!!! Jodie

lidcivic 05-29-2002 07:10 PM

<< hey, ill have to show you the proper technique next meet or somethin.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG] >>

I'm open to new ideas :)

Lidia
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

tummyboy 06-07-2002 09:28 PM

Armorall sucks unless you dilute it with water . and it does dry out your dash because it has silicone in it.

I use formula 2000 it comes in a green bottle but dont put it on your dash . car companies spend alot of money in creating ways to make your dash not shine because of the glar in the window . I use the F2000 on my door panels and center consule but thats about it Pluse F2000 has UV protection in it so it serves two purposes [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

DrJEKYLL007 06-13-2002 02:45 AM

Stay away from armor all for your interior, OLD SCHOOL junk...that formula is dated. People just use it because it is what they are used to, there is so much better, newer, stuff out there that don't have the problems that armor all does like drying out the dash, being too shiny so that the interior looks like cheap plastic instead of dark rich leather, or attracting dust like god knows what. Shop around, mothers, meguiers, anything other than that poison.

Brett02eX 07-15-2002 12:56 AM

I just used Armorall on my dash before i read this! What should i do? will one light coat damage my dash??

civicdude 07-15-2002 03:46 PM

Brett...Dont worry one coat will not harm your finish...For the guy that says to Dilute Armorall with water, I have to tell you that-that is a bad idea....Armorall is not silicone, it is awater based chemical and if you add water to it, you will just dilute it and it wont shine at all. As for formula 2001, That is the same product as Armorall. I dont recommend using any of those products, and also STP dressing...another crappy product. If you want to use something thats inexpensive, smells really nice and is good for the interior plastics and vinyl....Pick up either Vinyl-X or Black Magic Dashboard conditioner....I use the black magic on all the dorr panels and on the dashboard....It gives a nice clean low gloss....No blinding sun glare with this product.