Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   Weird water type spots on my Black Civic 2018. Help! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/374105-weird-water-type-spots-my-black-civic-2018-help.html)

basit 08-05-2018 09:35 PM

How to take care of Black Honda Civic LX Sedan 2018?

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum and I just bought a new Honda Civic 2018. This is my first black car and I have no knowledge of taking care of it. So, just wanted some suggestion from you guys.

I have been getting standard carwash every two weeks but it doesn't clean my car completely and on top of that I live in Colorado and we are getting rain every other day. So, it leaves those dry water spots on my car.

I asked some suggestions from my dealer and they were using Meguiar's gold class premium quick detailer on my car during preparation, while they also suggested Meguiar's waterless wash and use microfiber cloth for both.

I already have bought Meguiar's X2020 Supreme Shine Microfiber Cloths (Pack of 3) but a lot of people said that don't use these chemicals like these detailers as it can damage your paint or put swirls etc. It all made me confuse. So, I just want to ask you guys what should I do. I have seen some posts here and everyone has a different opinion but I couldn't find explicitly with my situation.

Two more things, I don't have options of hose (which I did. So, I could just wash it myself) another thing is we sometimes get large hail here and all I do is put on a cover on my car. What do you think is the best protection for that?

I apologize for this long post haha and really appreciate this forum and you guys.

brags 08-18-2018 08:30 AM

Re: How to take care of Black Honda Civic LX Sedan 2018?

basit dont sweat it...! You have a 2018 not much is needed right now for the exterior of the paint hand washing in my opinion is the best instead of power washing reason being power washing may sometimes force water into small cavitys that might not be 100% sealed tight like tail lights or the molding around the front windshield and other rubber moldings found around the exterior of Your vehicle & dont bother with paste or expensive waxes at this point. the 4 things thats needed right now are the following.

1. wash bucket
2. wash Mitt
3. wash soap (i use turtle wax max power soap - just my preference, you can use any other brand soap as long as its specific for use on Vehicle paints)
4. Maguires Ultimate wax (awesome stuff)

buying expensive wash soaps dont mean its any better neither thats just from my experience with wash soaps. i use and would recommend turtle wax max power wash soap just dont use too much in the bucket a little goes a long way follow directions for use. then after you have washed and chamed the water off use maguires ultimate spray on wax spray on wipe off its that easy it really leaves a clean nice looking shine after your done. & waterless spray ons? i only would use if the car had collected some dust. in that case you could use it. but on the other hand if it was caked with dirt i would NOT use it. car covers? Yes good idea to use for hail better than not having anything at all on the vehicle i guess. so there You have it. :wavey:

https://www.turtlewax.com/our-produc...power-car-wash

basit 08-18-2018 06:41 PM

Re: How to take care of Black Honda Civic LX Sedan 2018?

Hi Brags, thanks for your suggestions, but the problem is I live in an apartment and here we are not allowed to have a water hose or anything. So, I can't wash my car as desperately as I want to. The only thing is I can use these waterless products or wax.

Originally Posted by brags (Post 4749847)
basit dont sweat it...! You have a 2018 not much is needed right now for the exterior of the paint hand washing in my opinion is the best instead of power washing reason being power washing may sometimes force water into small cavitys that might not be 100% sealed tight like tail lights or the molding around the front windshield and other rubber moldings found around the exterior of Your vehicle & dont bother with paste or expensive waxes at this point. the 4 things thats needed right now are the following.

1. wash bucket
2. wash Mitt
3. wash soap (i use turtle wax max power soap - just my preference, you can use any other brand soap as long as its specific for use on Vehicle paints)
4. Maguires Ultimate wax (awesome stuff)

buying expensive wash soaps dont mean its any better neither thats just from my experience with wash soaps. i use and would recommend turtle wax max power wash soap just dont use too much in the bucket a little goes a long way follow directions for use. then after you have washed and chamed the water off use maguires ultimate spray on wax spray on wipe off its that easy it really leaves a clean nice looking shine after your done. & waterless spray ons? i only would use if the car had collected some dust. in that case you could use it. but on the other hand if it was caked with dirt i would NOT use it. car covers? Yes good idea to use for hail better than not having anything at all on the vehicle i guess. so there You have it. :wavey:

https://www.turtlewax.com/our-produc...power-car-wash

https://www.amazon.ca/Meguiars-G1751...l_3vbinqebn5_e

basit 08-18-2018 06:52 PM

Weird water type spots on my Black Civic 2018. Help!

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, I just got Civic 2018 LX in black this past month and here we are getting a lot of rain. I just came to notice on the hood of my car some spots I can't think of what it is. I had some car wash but nothing happened. Can you guys please let me know what it can be? A picture is attached below.
Attachment 112464

brags 08-19-2018 06:38 AM

Re: Weird water type spots on my Black Civic 2018. Help!

Originally Posted by basit (Post 4749867)
Hi, I just got Civic 2018 LX in black this past month and here we are getting a lot of rain. I just came to notice on the hood of my car some spots I can't think of what it is. I had some car wash but nothing happened. Can you guys please let me know what it can be? A picture is attached below.
Attachment 112464

That Looks alot like bird dropping residue to me bird droppings are very acidic and left on paint too long, it will stain your paint i recommend using a paint cleaner something like meguires or mothers on those trouble spots make sure its clean 1st and your working in a shaded area away from the suns rays. then rub a little in let dry for a minute or so and repeat it. You mention that you live in a apartment with no access for washing your vehicle well ...what you could do is get yourself a bucket with a lid (as shown in the pick i posted below) that can seal the water in

it. fill bucket up with water and car washing soap and wash mitt seal it with lid and drive to your
nearest car washing place that has bays set up with power washing wands rinse the hole vehicle down then using your wash bucket wash it there. rinse and chamee Just make sure you either go early in the morning or late in the afternoon when its not soo busy i use to do it all the time in the winter because i didnt want the ice build up around my driveway making it slipery. lol But try that and see how that works out for You.

https://www.uline.ca/Product/Detail/S-20029BLU/Pails/Screw-Top-Pail-6-Gallon-Blue-Lid?pricode=YD838&gadtype=pla&id=S-20029BLU&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxKfys_L43AIVFXZeCh3V6g2 8EAkYESABEgIPEPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Wankenstein 08-19-2018 08:25 AM

Do you park under a tree? I do and my car gets those calcium stains because after it rains or is very humid (Florida) over night condensation/after-rain slowly drips on my car. I used an 1/4 part white vinegar to 3/4 distilled water mixed in a spray bottle and the mild acid effect of vinegar + microfiber towel usually gets the calcium stains off without harming clearcoat. I rinse well with with distilled water and dry with another microfiber towel. I usually follow it up with a spray-on wax.

basit 08-26-2018 06:10 PM

Thanks

basit 08-26-2018 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Megalodong (Post 4749893)
Do you park under a tree? I do and my car gets those calcium stains because after it rains or is very humid (Florida) over night condensation/after-rain slowly drips on my car. I used an 1/4 part white vinegar to 3/4 distilled water mixed in a spray bottle and the mild acid effect of vinegar + microfiber towel usually gets the calcium stains off without harming clearcoat. I rinse well with with distilled water and dry with another microfiber towel. I usually follow it up with a spray-on wax.

Yes! I do park under the tree sometimes. Thank you for this. Someone suggested to use meguiars scratch x 2.0. Do you think I should try out this too?

basit 08-26-2018 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by brags (Post 4749884)
That Looks alot like bird dropping residue to me bird droppings are very acidic and left on paint too long, it will stain your paint i recommend using a paint cleaner something like meguires or mothers on those trouble spots make sure its clean 1st and your working in a shaded area away from the suns rays. then rub a little in let dry for a minute or so and repeat it. You mention that you live in a apartment with no access for washing your vehicle well ...what you could do is get yourself a bucket with a lid (as shown in the pick i posted below) that can seal the water in

it. fill bucket up with water and car washing soap and wash mitt seal it with lid and drive to your
nearest car washing place that has bays set up with power washing wands rinse the hole vehicle down then using your wash bucket wash it there. rinse and chamee Just make sure you either go early in the morning or late in the afternoon when its not soo busy i use to do it all the time in the winter because i didnt want the ice build up around my driveway making it slipery. lol But try that and see how that works out for You.

https://www.uline.ca/Product/Detail/S-20029BLU/Pails/Screw-Top-Pail-6-Gallon-Blue-Lid?pricode=YD838&gadtype=pla&id=S-20029BLU&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxKfys_L43AIVFXZeCh3V6g2 8EAkYESABEgIPEPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Meguiar's Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner Test/Review {HD} - YouTube

Thankyou