Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   Oxidized windows??? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/372805-oxidized-windows.html)

Droop408 03-21-2018 03:02 PM

Oxidized windows???

One of my front windows has a “haze” to it. I don’t have pics cuz it’s been raining for days. But since I just bought the car, I’ve noticed that window is hella.......blurry. I wash it with soap and water, windex, nothing. Is it oxidized? You can still see thru it, it’s just kinda blurry like I said. Does any one have any ideas for a remedy?

GolNat 03-21-2018 03:58 PM

Re: Oxidized windows???

Steel Wool can be used to clean glass, maybe give that a try. I would start with just water then maybe add a detergent like dawn or simple green.

Droop408 03-21-2018 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by GolNat (Post 4742153)
Steel Wool can be used to clean glass, maybe give that a try. I would start with just water then maybe add a detergent like dawn or simple green.

ok, koo. I plan to tint them soon and I wanted to clear it up before I do.

ezone 03-21-2018 05:59 PM

Will haze scrape off with a single edge razor blade?
(nicotine stains sometimes will scrape off LOL)

xRiCeBoYx 03-21-2018 08:57 PM

I saw a thing on SpeedTV once where they used chrome polish to remove water spots on glass. Might be worth a shot, though 00 steel wool should do the same, just more abrasively

Droop408 03-21-2018 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx (Post 4742192)
I saw a thing on SpeedTV once where they used chrome polish to remove water spots on glass. Might be worth a shot, though 00 steel wool should do the same, just more abrasively

ya, it’s just that I had a bad experience with 0000 steel wool on another window. Left some burned spots.

Slumpertcivic 03-23-2018 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Droop408 (Post 4742151)
But since I just bought the car, I’ve noticed that window is hella.......blurry.

Maybe cheap replacement window? Maybe cheap window tint that has faded clear? Maybe someone used something too abrasive to clean it.

If razor and acetone does not clean it right up just buy a new window.

mhammond1127 04-17-2018 02:13 PM

Either use fine grade steel wool, or a medium grade claybar (they sell them at most auto parts stores they work for paint overspray and windows it’s also reusable) you may need multiple microfiber towels and some good glass cleaner. Spray the whole window and spray the steel wool and scrub the window in up and down side to side motions.

brags 04-07-2019 07:00 AM

For Cleaning Oxidized or even lighlty scratched glass windows use some turtle wax rubing compound & mix it with Fast orange hand cleaner, works best on any type glass You might have to repeat it a few times over but it will work very well. :tup: