Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   What is the best wax? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/36415-what-best-wax.html)

Rollin0n18s 05-13-2002 10:26 PM

What is the best wax?

I'm looking for the best wax out there for my car. I have tried the meguir's and it is pretty good. I haven't tried the mothers yet, but will soon. let me know what wax is the best.

JSWhaler 05-13-2002 10:55 PM

reading the previous posts in detailing will help answer your question.

Anyhow there is no "best wax" it's all the preference for each individual. Some waxes might work better with different car colors etc. I've used soo many, but I choose to stick with meguires cleaner wax and then their gold class wax. For me I found this stuff to be great (on my black coupe). I suggest trying different types and find the one you like the best. Some good choices might be meguires, mothers, turtlewax, zymol, etc - those are some of the major manufacturers

civicdude 05-14-2002 11:08 AM

Here are the products I recommend:
Meguries Yellow wax
Meguires Gold
Mothers Cleaner wax
Mothers Yellow Carnuba wax
Kit Creme Wax
Gliptone Creme Wax, Not the Teflon Wax
Zymol...The real stuff not the polish you buy at PepBoys. 8 ounces of creme or carbon starts at $25 usually.
Never used Zaino, but all my friends swear by it.

showoff 05-15-2002 06:34 PM

I've used them all

Meguires (gold class, hi tech yellow, no 6,7,2,etc... ), Zymol Cleaner wax (really good compared to mothers and meguires), mothers (advertising is better than the product) and ZAINO..... I'll said it once and ill say it again nothing comes close in shine, depth, swirl reducing and it last for months. Nothing is better than waxing a car without buff arm and Zaino has it all.

DarkCivic 05-15-2002 07:17 PM

All you have to remember is stay away from Turtle Wax.

Tarik 07-21-2002 09:53 PM

what do u reccomend using for a silver civic?
i hear meguires gold is good?

civicdude 07-21-2002 10:59 PM

Tarik...Please do a search. I believe your question has been answered. Read my post over and decide on your own, or re read the posts in the detailing forum. You will learn alot from the older posts.
Thanks.

slammed2k2 07-23-2002 01:36 PM

Im telling you, MOTHERS IS THE BEST...i usually wouldnt say the best, coz its true its all about preference, but mothers really is the best, it comes off easier then any other wax and it leaves behind a smooth, clean feeling!
its simply the best, i hate those waxes that are so oily and u gotta rub so long untilit comes out especially with black!
MOTHERS IS NOT HARD TO REMOVE, and that is key when waxing a black car IMO

2Hottie 07-23-2002 02:45 PM

[hr]Originally posted by: Rollin0n18s
I'm looking for the best wax out there for my car. I have tried the meguir's and it is pretty good. I haven't tried the mothers yet, but will soon. let me know what wax is the best.[hr]
Meguiar's Gold Class, the Cavoisier of waxes!

2Hottie

drbombay 07-24-2002 01:33 PM

i was using meguire's yellow but I'm not going to use it anymore. it is just too hard to remove and it takes too long. so i'm going to use something easier and just wax more often.

civicdude 07-24-2002 04:14 PM

Dr: I have never had a bad experience with removing any meguires wax. Meguires Yellow is one of the easeist waxes to remove. I think you may be putting to much on.