Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   Just though this may help people w/ Black, Blue, or Green civic (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/36112-just-though-may-help-people-w-black-blue-green-civic.html)

CivicVTec 05-11-2002 01:59 PM

Just though this my help people w/ dark civic

I dont know if this has been post before, well i did a search couldn't find anything similar....[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
anyways.....i'm sure people w/ Black, Blue, or Green color civic always have problem w/ dust landing on their car...and some of them will use towel to wipe it off but it might scratch the paint....California Car Duster (On Sale at Walmart for $9.95) will clean the dust off your car instantly without scratching the paint and while u r taking the dust off your car, it will apply a tiny amount of wax to protect your car...[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

Hope this helps...i have one and they works great....peace

civicdude 05-11-2002 08:50 PM

Just to correct you, the california duster doesnt apply any wax to the surface. It just dusts the surface.

Spider883 05-11-2002 11:58 PM

hey thanks for that info. i will be going to walmart tommorow.

CivicVTec 05-12-2002 01:26 AM

it does [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

CIVICMAN67 05-14-2002 01:09 AM

Ipersonally do not like em' it swirled the heck out of a truck Ihad. maybeIgot a bad one, but I do not think I will be trying it again.

CIVICMAN67 05-14-2002 01:10 AM

Sorry about the poor spacing, I am a bit sleepy!

JSWhaler 05-14-2002 10:50 AM

it's been posted before but anyways, I have the interior duster, it worker great the first time, but now it leaves small pieces of red lint, hopefully this will go away in time with more use.

civicdude 05-14-2002 10:56 AM

The interior cali duster works nice too. I actually ended up throwing mine both out, because after too much uses it doesnt work anymore. I read the directions and it said how to wash them when they got to dirty, so I did that and it didnt work as good as before. So now I just use the 5 minute detailer and a rag for the outside and I wipe down my interior weekly.

2Furious 05-23-2002 01:38 PM

my 2k2 eternal blue thanks you for your post

MrWong 05-24-2002 02:04 AM

cool thanks for the tip, what technique do you guys use to wash the car ? car wash ? hand wash ? touchless ? or handwash with pressure washer ?

civicdude 05-24-2002 10:29 AM

I never goto a car wash...I usually do my car by hand, myself. During the winter when I have no place to do the car, I bring it to a car detailer that does hand washes and he does it. I dont recommend car washes. One trip through th car wash and your wax is stripped off the car. If you dont have wax on the car, just imagine what the chemicals are doing to your paint.

neoretromax 05-25-2002 03:04 PM

<< cool thanks for the tip, what technique do you guys use to wash the car ? car wash ? hand wash ? touchless ? or handwash with pressure washer ? >>

i handwash, but if im lazy or in a hurry i go to the brushless car wash.