Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   armor all wipes (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/32690-armor-all-wipes.html)

xHoteKx 04-17-2002 07:40 PM

armor all wipes

do those work any good? im just too lazy to do it the real way

Collective 04-20-2002 08:49 PM

Worked fine for me... :tup:

StraightEdgeCivic 04-20-2002 10:57 PM

i love them..i like it a lot better than the armorall dash cleaner spray i bought..thats was disgusting..all greasy and thick...wipes are awesome

JSWhaler 04-21-2002 05:13 PM

there not bad, but can leave a little bit of lint after drying

DownTheHatch 04-21-2002 05:16 PM

They work great, especially for wetting your tires, you can avoid getting the armorall on your rim, which would attract dirt.

oblivious9 04-21-2002 05:26 PM

I've been satisfied. :tup:

Desi 04-21-2002 11:24 PM

- i was just about to post a topic on this. they look like a good product to buy. they're like baby wipes.

xHoteKx 04-21-2002 11:55 PM

baby wipes for my babys dash.. hehe

i think i'll go pick me up some tomorrow after school n wipe down my dash

CIVICMAN67 04-22-2002 04:51 PM

I picked up some of the glass ones, haven't got to use them yet! I figured that they would work really well for the inside windows so you dont get glass cleaner all over the place. Has anyone tried these?

JSWhaler 04-22-2002 07:45 PM

ya they worked well, but once I left my car outside after using them and they left streaks on the inside of my windows.

xHoteKx 04-24-2002 02:32 PM

im extremly pleased with this product. i love it. but i went a lil overboard and wiped down everything plastic in the car. the rear deck, all the pillars, doors, center console, etc etc. now everything is sooo shiny:tup: but the dash is too shiny and its reflected on the windshield in the sun.. kinda annoying

TwilightX 04-24-2002 03:49 PM

<< ya they worked well, but once I left my car outside after using them and they left streaks on the inside of my windows. >>

I found that they are tough to use and not get streaky...what I use is a spray from Meguire's - it seems to cover everything evenly...you can go overboard though, and it'll leave plastics a bit wet, but all you have to do is wipe away the excess...the shine seems to last longer as well...

I tried using Mother's Back to Black on the interior, and it works really well too...even though it's for exterior trim, it shines up good. And the smell of it is intoxicating :)

T-X

MexMike 05-02-2002 02:22 AM

<< reflected on the windshield in the sun.. kinda annoying >>

I hate that too! You can barely see through the windhield. I like those wipes though. They work without spraying crap all over the place.:tup:

civicdude 05-02-2002 09:46 AM

I don't recommend Armorall to anyone. It is crap in a bottle. It streaks, and leaves lint, and after many uses will help in cracking and drying out your interior. Also if you use it on your tires or bumpers or trim on the exterior and it rains or you wash your car...it will drip, and dissapear leaving a mess. It makes tires brown...It is water Soluble. There are many other products on the market that work so much better. There is Vinyl X, Interior protectant by mothers or meguires, Lexol....

CivicsRdBest 05-05-2002 10:39 PM

<< It is crap in a bottle. It streaks, and leaves lint, and after many uses will help in cracking and drying out your interior. >>

Don't use the one in a bottle. The wipes r ok.

Ronin 05-06-2002 04:16 PM

<< Don't use the one in a bottle. The wipes r ok. >>

But the wipes are soaked with the same liquid as what you get in the bottle, dude.

I've stopped using any Armorall product ever since I got this car (on Civicdude's advice) ... and I'm glad I did. The shine and glare it puts on your dash looks way too artificial and splotchy.

2Hondaz 05-10-2002 02:41 AM

Use the meguiars cleaner spray. It's more of a cleaner than an oil, but is also a protectant that doesn't leave silicone like armor all and dry out your dash. Use one coat of it and it will clean everything so it looks like new. Use it a second time and it will make it shine like a star...