Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   egging (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/31122-egging.html)

njcivic723 04-06-2002 11:33 AM

egging

sucks...

my car got egged. anybody know the best way to take it off?

crazyjetskier 04-06-2002 11:46 AM

power wash it, use some degreaser, and hand wash it. then BE SURE to wax it [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]:)

Edge 04-06-2002 12:55 PM

if its on top of the hood, pour some olive oil and step on the accerelator. Now your breakfast is ready to serve.[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]

1slo2k1civic 04-06-2002 01:08 PM

.............:susp:....................

LOWBOY 04-06-2002 01:08 PM

<< if its on top of the hood, pour some olive oil and step on the accerelator. Now your breakfast is ready to serve >>

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG], good one. just make sure you get it all off w/ a power washer. Some wax and polish wouldnt hurt also just to get the residue off.

RedDragon333 04-06-2002 01:41 PM

what happens if it dries on there.....never really figured out what would happen?

BAK 04-06-2002 01:56 PM

Man that $ucks. Someone tried to egg my car and missed and hit my wife's truck. Luckily no dent, but something in eggs eats the freaking paint when it dries. She's got lots of tiny specks where the egg dried and took the paint completely off.

speedracersong 04-06-2002 02:13 PM

<< She's got lots of tiny specks where the egg dried and took the paint completely off. >>

hey bak
my car just got egged. but i havent gotten the chance to do a wash yet because it was at night.
is that really true that the egg will mess up the paint?

RedDragon333 04-06-2002 04:18 PM

YES it screws up the paint it eats it away....only way to avoid it is to wash it off as soon as possible and then wash wax it and beat the people who did it...but yes if left on too long it will mess up the paint

BAK 04-06-2002 04:43 PM

get the egg off ASAP !! I'm not sure what it is in egg, but it will completely take the paint down to bare metal for some reason. Leaves these wierd looking specs where the paint is completely gone. I wax my car with Meguiars 3 step often, so I hope that maybe being waxed as much as it gets, it won't hurt the paint as much if it ever does get egged. I'm setting up a mini-cam to watch my carport, so hopefully if they try again, I'll have them on tape.

NickDaMans02Civic 04-06-2002 11:30 PM

Yeah people that egg cars need to have themselves beaten severly, it happened to my dads van awhile back. Pretty Chilidish if you ask me. Juveniles they need harsher punishment and something to do.

Nick

Daniel420 04-07-2002 04:54 PM

i agree... we don't need the type of kids that do that crap. I don't want them here in my country. i say hang 'em and and make their parents watch it all. In all reality their parents should be hanged too for raising such a fu-ckup.

i can't wait for the day that some type of genetic neo-natal screening will get rid of all those little bastards.

2K1SilverHX 04-08-2002 03:04 AM

The egg thing happened to my ladies black 2k1 lx.... I didn't notice 'til too late... now she has white specks down her door where 1 egg hit.... I think I might try factory touchup paint...

BAK I tried that camera thing too.... It seems like the one day out of the year that it happens, is the day I didn't record. I did mess with the camera a little and noticed (at least with mine) the camera washes out the license plate to where you can't even read the numbers (because of the license plate lights), see if you can figure out a way to get around the washing out of the numbers, if so let me know your magic.

Thanks,

Justin

Seveneighty 04-09-2002 12:33 AM

Happened to me too, THREE times in like two weeks. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Even worse, it was in winter, so the egg immediately froze on my car, and it was next to impossible to get off! I now have an area on my door with splotchy specks of f*cked up paint..
Kids that egg cars really need to die.

SacMan 04-19-2002 02:15 AM

Me too. The other night. Washed it off when I got up in the morning, but too late. It ate through my paint. Hit 4 panels. Not really in the mood to paint 1/2 the car right now. Since my car is Black, it shows "every" time I get in my car.
Dang.

Seveneighty 04-20-2002 03:21 PM

^Damn that sounds bad..I feel for you man!