Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   TowelsvsChamoisvsAbsorbervsWaterBlade????? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/26788-towelsvschamoisvsabsorbervswaterblade.html)

SiRacer 03-05-2002 07:14 AM

TowelsvsChamoisvsAbsorbervsWaterBlade?????

Ok Guys
I think and I know this has been asked before, but I am asking the guys who really know their stuff when it comes to drying cars. What is the best method? Should we be using nice towels, chamois, absorber, the water blade, a combination??? I hear different things from different people, I mean is one better than the other. Please shed some light on this for me. If one product stands out, let me know, if one product sucks, let me know.
Thanks so much.
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

CIVICMAN67 03-05-2002 12:44 PM

I perfer the Absorber! I have worked as a detailer and that is what I used. Once it is broke in, look out, they work great!:tup:

Mbow 03-05-2002 05:29 PM

Terry cloth towels are the best thing to dry your car with hands down. You can use them to apply your polish, wax, interior products, to clean your windows, and they are the best for taking off wax, polish, etc.... They are soft as heck, and the nap traps particles and keeps them from being drug across the car and scratching it. Remember you don't just want to soak the water up, you want to soak the water up without scratching your car.

01BlackEM2 03-06-2002 01:32 AM

My Dad got me one of those silicon water blades. It's surgical grade silicon and won't ever scratch the car. It cuts drying time in half. After I use that, I use a towel to do the little things, excess water, the edges of the hood (ya it's a pain, ESPECIALLY when it rains....), both doors, and the trunk. It saves a lot of time and works really well.

The best method is what works best for you! Everyone will have a different opinion of what works best for them and what they like best. Just try some different things out and decide what works best for you! :)

civicdude 03-06-2002 06:52 AM

I use the california water blade and a chamois....

noypirider 03-11-2002 06:14 PM

don't you think chamois is too strong? I used chamois before until I noticed that my paint actually faded faster than I thought. The last time I used chamois, i noticed that it is actually removing thin coating of paint in my car. That's why I stopped using it. I now use California Waterblade, thenuse towels to dry the remaining wet spots. It's a little bit harder, but it's sure can make the paint last longer.

jro 03-11-2002 08:48 PM

i use a 'PVC super shammy' that i bought at wal-mart. it works quite well. i tried one of those water blade things and it just isn't as efficient as the shammy...

genterara 03-12-2002 04:18 AM

<< i use a 'PVC super shammy' that i bought at wal-mart. it works quite well. i tried one of those water blade things and it just isn't as efficient as the shammy... >>

i dont think there is a comparison, how can you compare something that wipes off the water and something that absorbs the water [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
maybe you didnt use the Original California Water Blade [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]

civicdude 03-12-2002 06:22 AM

I havent found any problem with the chamois that I use. It is a few years old, and it is a commercial chamois. I wouldnt use a real leather chamois because they are known to strip the wax. You could also use the california blade and then use clean soft terry towels to finish up. I do that sometimes too.

Bluebirdz22 03-19-2002 03:49 PM

The absorber is the best for everything-wise price:) quality:tup: longetivity [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG] so you cant argue with results can you? ps also it doesnt leave any scratches [IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]=[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-puke.gif[/IMG]

Mekenna 03-22-2002 01:11 AM

I use the california waterblade as well, and then a terry cloth towel or an absorber to get the left over water.. I find the combo works very well

neoretromax 03-22-2002 06:09 PM

I use the water blade for the flat areas, then wipe up everything else with the absorber. I've been using my absorber for a year now, and it still works good, if it gets dirty, just throw it in the wash. I've used chamois before, but doesn't work that well, and towels for drying car doesn't work that well either.

02EXCoupeGuy 08-13-2002 06:24 PM

I have a knock off of the absorber I got from target called Aqua Dry. It works just as good and dries the car quick. Leaves no water spots and it soaks up more water than other products can hold.:tup:

2Hottie 08-14-2002 11:07 AM

I think the chamois works the best, although, I wanna try to Absorber...

2Hottie

showoff 08-14-2002 02:02 PM

1st i rinse my car without a nozzle so the water sheets off leaving the car half dry. I then push off the majority of water with my california water blade, then I use the absorber for the front bumper part under the upper grill that always leaks water no mater what you use, then i finish up the rest of my car with a microfiber towel. I found out that some terry towel ends actually strip your car's wax, viking professional terry towels have the softest binds IMO.

Soulphire 08-14-2002 03:23 PM

I use the absorber. I detailed cars when I was in high school and that is what I have used since then.

vandal 08-14-2002 03:30 PM

the absorber is where its at!

SPIDEY 08-19-2002 09:48 AM

I use a chamois