Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   pin stripe removal?? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/26429-pin-stripe-removal.html)

RevHigh 03-02-2002 10:38 PM

pin stripe removal??

Aight, I'm new here, so go easy on me :)

Anyway, I'm getting tired of looking at the ugly pin stripe on my car that the dealer put on it, so I really wanna take it off. How should I take it off without damaging the paint? Would an adhesive remover be ok?
I tried searching the archives for this, but had no luck.

drbombay 03-03-2002 10:24 AM

just pull it off. take off any residue with wd40, then wash and wax.

vandal 03-03-2002 09:13 PM

hey rev, make sure it isnt painted on, if it is just a decal, do what the dr said. but if it is pant, you might want to take to a body shop so they can do it right, they have some heavy duty paint remover that do the trick.
Als if you just bought the car, take it back and tell them you dont like it, my dealer said that was fine that not all customers like it. so they removed it for free.

Macko 03-04-2002 11:18 PM

I haven't seen any 2k1+ civics here with pin striping along the side... [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

CIVICMAN67 03-06-2002 01:53 PM

When I got my Civic, I told them to leave off the pin-stripe, and they gave me a credit as if by some chance I got hit in the head &struck by lightning at the same time and decided pinstripes were cool, they would hook me up.

RevHigh 03-07-2002 08:41 PM

Ok, I just took it off earlier today. I bought 3M adhesive remover in case I had any problems, but the pin stripe peeled off so easily, I didn't even need a hair drier and it didn't leave any glue residue. If I knew it would have been that easy I would have taken it off months ago[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]

2001TYPELX 05-13-2002 12:10 AM

My pinstripe is coming off tomorrow!!!
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Thanks for the help, I thought for sure i was gonna have to get a body shop to do it!!!

jro 05-18-2002 11:50 PM

i used bug and tar remover to get rid of the adhesive. i'm kinda reluctant to use gasoline. anyway, the car looks so clean without that pinstripe.
-jro

NoToRiOuSxPiNoY 05-19-2002 11:25 PM

sigh i took mine off... and i have lines showing up... like str8 lines.. its bugging me.. i washed and waxed mah car n its still der.. its a str8 outline of the pin stripes!! did anyone have the same problems?

jro 05-19-2002 11:32 PM

did you remove ALL the adhesive. use bug and tar remover or WD-40. see if that helps. just remember to re-wax over the area after you used that stuff.
-jro

brill 05-20-2002 04:38 AM

<< When I got my Civic, I told them to leave off the pin-stripe, and they gave me a credit as if by some chance I got hit in the head &struck by lightning at the same time and decided pinstripes were cool, they would hook me up. >>

this is one of the funniest things ive read in weeks
still laughing
behahaha