Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   Great wax product for your Civic (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/26031-great-wax-product-your-civic.html)

StreetTurbo 02-28-2002 02:08 AM

Great wax product for your Civic

Hey guys, I just went out and bought some wax for my car the other day. I found this wax polish from "Mothers" and it, hands down, kicks some serious @$$. It's the liquid type, and this wax is way more forgiving on your trim if you get a little sloppy.:)
After i was done the wax made the car have that "WET" look, and it also made the car a shade darker than it was which looked awesome! You guys have to get this stuff!!!

"MOTHER'S POLLISH"....It comes in a red bottle....:tup:

phenomenon02 03-04-2002 01:02 PM

i know what u mean, i've been using mother's products for about 7 months, they work great, theirs a show polish too and let me tell you what, it makes the car look like a mirror and feel like glass, smooth as a baby's behind. [IMG]i/expressions/moon.gif[/IMG]

SoNiCcIvIc 03-05-2002 02:39 AM

Where did you get it???????

StreetTurbo 03-05-2002 11:50 PM

I got mine from Kregan(Spelling). It's like 6 bucks or something. I use EAGLE 1 WAX AND POLLISH and then i use MOTHER'S POLLISH to top it off....yea, mine feels smooth as hell too. I did that sliding thing on the hood of my car...just like in "Super Troopers" ...man.... I slid off my car soooo fast. I love that $HIT!!!

Late:)

phenomenon02 03-06-2002 07:52 AM

i get mothers wax at wal-mart for cheap, and u can get other stuff like terry towels there as well for dirt cheap. i want to find other places so i can get everything mothers, know where i can go??[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

Subrage 03-06-2002 11:10 AM

i prefer the meguires 3 step system

Mbow 03-06-2002 05:14 PM

<< i prefer the meguires 3 step system >>

Yea, the deep crystal polish is awesome!

CivicLX620 03-08-2002 05:56 PM

I have tried both Mother's and Meguiar's 3 step and i think meguiars is better. Only because i havent found a cleaner wax and polish for Mothers.

avenger 03-09-2002 06:26 PM

<< i prefer the meguires 3 step system >>

i second that! :tup:

JSWhaler 03-12-2002 02:11 PM

Meguires liquid wax works great, as does Mothers. I like to mix it up sometimes to see if I can really see a difference. As for polish I don't think you really need it. The job of a polish is to bring a shine to the surface of the car that has been dulled by sun or something, but at the same time it removes some of the wax undercoat. I really like the instant shine products, especially from Meguires. When you bring your car home and there is a little bit of dust on it spray this stuff and the car looks like it was just waxed. I felt that the Mothers quick shine left a little bit of film. As for a wax applicator- I found that you can buy a pack of new sponges in the rectangle shape for like nothing compared to those round name brand applicators. Just wet the sponges a little and use the wax. It's also easier at corners cause you have that rectangular edge, not the circular one.

kiluminati001 03-14-2002 01:29 PM

hey that wax idea seems kool....i have my car for 7 months now and ive only cleaned it with soap and water...ive not used wax on it but it seems to be a good idea...is there any procedure to follow for waxing...like clean with water first etc etc..please help....also i wanna know the wax products u all use......i read about the "Mothers" products in this thread..although could u gimme specific names?
thanx

dragoon 03-20-2002 05:26 PM

Whatever happened to good old fashioned Turtle Wax? [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] I run my car through the machine at the gas station once every couple weeks and put a coat of turtle wax on it right after; seems to work just fine.

Karim 03-20-2002 06:40 PM

fine i'll post it again, http://www.nsxsc.com/nsexcitement/waxtest.html

further proof that zaino is the way to go. You can see a pic of a great looking f-body in the zaino thread in this forum.

Karim

brill 03-21-2002 04:15 AM

heheh zaino might be your way to go, "but why fix somethin' that ain't broke!"

my current wax (meguiars 3 step) works awesome for me, produces a lasting shine... I'm gonna keep experimenting with different waxes for each bottle I get... I think next time I might try Mothers... or i might step up to Meguiars Gold Class... beats me

Spyder 03-27-2002 04:39 AM

MEGUAIR'S GOLD CLASS... NICE SMOOTH, WET FINISH, TAKE YOUR TIME IN WAXING ALWAYS!!:)

PimpDave 04-10-2002 09:33 PM

hmm...sounds good

StreetTurbo 04-11-2002 02:43 AM

I have Gold CLass aswell. I found that it stained my trim! That's why I quit Meguires and went with Mothers. It didn't leave as good a finish but it didn't leave white junk on my trim.

Late:)

takadadojo 04-11-2002 05:48 PM

how much is mothers car polish, and is it waxy or like a liquid type product

Crashoveride 04-14-2002 12:20 AM

Mothers products are a few $$ more than most cleaning products but they are worth it. You can get it at most stores that sell car cleaning products.

PimpDave 04-17-2002 05:53 PM

i dunno i prefer mcguires...i tried mothers and it left a sort of white resdue on my red paint...mcgiuires comes off much easier...and the shine is wonderful

TwilightX 04-24-2002 03:56 PM

I use Meguire's Cleaner Wax followed by a coat of the Gold Class...it came out so well, I can't sit on my car because it's so slippery! The annoying part about using paste is the residue gets in every crack, and you have that 'dust' all around the car. But I think it covers better than the liquid version.

And there's something sooo pleasing about buffing the car and watching it turn from a pasty mess to a shining mirror finish! [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]

T-X

UNParalleleD 04-25-2002 03:22 PM

Mothers clay bar is the Sh*t who ever hasnt use this should

tastyratz 09-10-2005 04:49 PM

hey guys! just a lil heads up..i found a really cool lil Mother's product. if you really wanna take a lil "extra special" care, invest in mother's clay bar. leaves the car even smoother!!

mrDFWmechanic 09-18-2005 12:26 AM

the meguires 3 step products are best on the market we use that all the time on the porche's and bmws that we work on at the shop