Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   Fu!#!@#!@!@ Girlfriend spilled ORANGE soda in my car! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/24769-fu-girlfriend-spilled-orange-soda-my-car.html)

AlphaInfinity 02-19-2002 04:21 PM

Fu!#!@#!@!@ Girlfriend spilled ORANGE soda in my car!

So now its all over the carpet on the passenger side and resolve isnt taking it out. It had a little time to soak in and dry. Is there anything that will get this stuff out?

emmagatorone 02-19-2002 05:55 PM

Have you tried baking soda? I spilled a Stout all over my carpet at home ( I know, it's different) but it was crazy man! the baking soda acted like a sponge and soaked it all up! I was lucky! I'm surprised that resolve didn't work. If you don't want to try baking soda, if I were you, I'd just keep it wet and keep scrubbing. Try hot water too!

Mbow 02-19-2002 06:25 PM

I feel for ya buddy! My wife threw-up and spilt grape soda in my accord that had tan interior. Outside of cleaning it the best you can, the only other option is to paint it. They sell some type of carpet spray paint or somthing that you could try. I decided to get the dark black/gray interior in my new k2 civic. [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/IMG]

Mbow 02-19-2002 06:26 PM

Oh, pet stain remover for household carpet always seemed to work well for me.

JSH2001 02-19-2002 07:15 PM

I was getting out of my car the other day and had just picked up my super sized Sprite and got excited at a basketball game and spilt the entire thing on my floor. Almost all of it stayed on my floormat though, so I had my floormat in the shower in my dorm cleaning it off before it dried. LOL But I can see where orange soda would be a little tougher to get out. Have you tried a carpet cleaner. I cleaned all my carpet in my old car with one and it got some stains out that I didnt expect to get out.

civicdude 02-19-2002 08:02 PM

Orange soda is next to impossible to get out. I agree with one of the other posts. Vaccum what you can of the soda up, and let the rest dry. If you goto an Interior shop or a body shop you may be able to get carpet paint. Then you can just paint the carpet and you will never know what happened. Try to get as much of the soda out of the rug though.

Diznavis 02-19-2002 09:37 PM

maybe since its already dry, you could use water to get it wet again to try some of this stuff[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG] (i have no idea if that would work, just an idea)

ThrashN 02-21-2002 12:21 AM

I would try Simple Green.
My friend had a car he was selling and wanted to clean it up.
He had coffee spilled all over the carpet, Simple green cleaned it
right up.

UncleB 02-21-2002 12:07 PM

professional steam cleaners like Stanley Steamers can do car upholstery. I used to work for them and I know that they can clean all sorts of stains that normally don't come up. might give them a call.

Aznnp77 02-21-2002 05:49 PM

During the first couple of months I had my car, I baby'd it to the fullest. Then one day I saw a slurpie stain :eek::eek::eek:. I went crazy and bought resolve and went to trek auto and tried this citrus stuff that was suppose to take out tough stains. I also tried that oxy clean they have on tv, didn't work. It's under the passenger seat anyways, so I'll live

SugarRay 02-24-2002 02:18 AM

Hey,

Another one of these stories:

My g/f spilled about 3 little cups of salsa in the passanger side floor and seat. I was pretty ticked off, and was thinking to myself "Its time for a new g/f" she knows better to put herself in that situation where it could harm my true love. Anyway, she was saved because I got some carpet removal and instantly it was gone and my g/f became happy, and I became happy because she repaid me later that night.

Ray

brill 02-25-2002 01:16 AM

<< I'd just keep it wet and keep scrubbing. >>

ACK NO!

I don't know about automotive carpet, but i do know that scrubbing in-home carpet thrashes it. your best bet is the previously mentioned steam cleaning solution or some sort of carpet stain remover... im sure someone has to make this stuff for automotive carpet.

kori 02-28-2002 02:05 AM

if you or anyone you know has one of those "Bissell little green clean machines"... try that. i use that machine on my bedroom carpet alot when i move furniture around every so often and notice carpet stains. that machine has gotten out stains that have been there over a year.

01BlackEM2 03-06-2002 01:39 AM

Try using Resolve carpet cleaner (I'm pretty sure it works on other things too). It will take out anything! Good luck getting that stain out! :)

civicdude 03-06-2002 06:50 AM

I have had a few commercial steam cleaning machines and then I went out and bought the little green steam machine and I gotta tell you this machine works just as well as the expensive carpet machines that I owned in the past.

AlphaInfinity 03-06-2002 01:34 PM

I tried resolve when the stain was about an hour old...and again a day later. Resolve just can't stand up to an orange soda stain.

I let a professional detailer look at it, and he was saying that even a deep steam clean wasnt going to get that out. He suggested that I have the carpet "painted" with a special cohesive paint they are using now to cover up big stains like this.

ICK.....:shake:

CIVICMAN67 03-06-2002 01:39 PM

I got two methods you can try:
-First the cheap method, spray the area with rubbing alcohol. Then take a wet towl or rag and place over the area and then iron (like you iron clothes w/) over the area. It is kinda like do it yourself steam cleaning.
-Second, 3m makes this stuff called Bodyshop Clean-Up. It is a concentrate. When I detailed vehicals for a van conversion company, I saw it get blood out of a nuetral colored headliner. It also got black ink out of a white carpet in my house when I stepped on an ink pen. That stuff runs about 25-30 bones, and it lasts along time. I have had it for a year and I have used about a quarter of it. It is a good degreaser also.

Mbow 03-06-2002 05:13 PM

<< if you or anyone you know has one of those "Bissell little green clean machines"... try that. i use that machine on my bedroom carpet alot when i move furniture around every so often and notice carpet stains. that machine has gotten out stains that have been there over a year. >>

Yea, I have one of those little booogers too. They work great! Usually, about once a year, I do the whole interior with it. Works great and gets it done quick.

mike 03-06-2002 08:06 PM

<< So now its all over the carpet on the passenger side and resolve isnt taking it out. It had a little time to soak in and dry. Is there anything that will get this stuff out? >>

How about you tell the b!tch to pay to get it cleaned.

Mike

neoretromax 03-06-2002 11:45 PM

yeah i used the dirt devil portable steam cleaner to clean my stains. I guess pretty much any steam cleaner will work, if stain doesn't come out, dont dilute the cleaning soln and just use a little concentrate.

rokenrolcivic 08-29-2003 03:37 PM

Yeah I was told at this new honda owners clinic thing they had at the dealership that orange soda is the hardest stain ever to get out of your cars carpet. So that really sux man just try everything you can and maybe it wont be AS noticeable

civicdude 08-30-2003 12:47 AM

Originally posted by AlphaInfinity
I tried resolve when the stain was about an hour old...and again a day later. Resolve just can't stand up to an orange soda stain.

I let a professional detailer look at it, and he was saying that even a deep steam clean wasnt going to get that out. He suggested that I have the carpet "painted" with a special cohesive paint they are using now to cover up big stains like this.

ICK.....[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-nono.gif[/IMG]

I told you this in my first post...I am a professional car detailer

kalipnoi 08-30-2003 09:21 PM

Blue-Coral - Dri-Clean+ you can get it at Pep Boys
works hella good, it got a car grease stain out on the floor of my pass. side that was there for well over a 1&1/2 years!

civicdude 09-01-2003 10:02 PM

Originally posted by kalipnoi
Blue-Coral - Dri-Clean+ you can get it at Pep Boys
works hella good, it got a car grease stain out on the floor of my pass. side that was there for well over a 1&1/2 years!

Grease is alot different than orange soda.....There is no way of removing orange soda.,....The same goes with fruit punch

kalipnoi 09-02-2003 11:43 AM

i would at least try it if i were you, cuz its a stain remover, not just a grease remover.

civicdude 09-02-2003 11:51 AM

Dude....Its not going to work. He can try simple green, and thats stronger and that wont work...Fruit Juices and orange soda stain the carpet on impact....

Toca 09-04-2003 10:43 PM

You NEED OXI CLEAN!! Been there got it out with oxi-clean.

civicdude 09-05-2003 08:22 AM

I never thought of oxi clean...Toca may be onto something

Got Boost??? 09-11-2003 05:26 PM

My wife threw-up and spilt grape soda in my accord
Ah, the joys of a married man

I saw it get blood out of a nuetral colored headliner
Apparently this man cleans cars for the mafia.