Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   Need help with sealant choice, after Menzerna polishes (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/234185-need-help-sealant-choice-after-menzerna-polishes.html)

k-man 11-07-2005 01:44 PM

Need help with sealant choice, after Menzerna polishes

After my post below I talked to some more people and im doubting the durability of the NXT wax, so im starting to looking into a durable sealant.

Im hearing good things about Zaino, but the problem is, I didnt really think about/know about how little caranuba lasts especially during the winter months so I didnt buy my product supply with that in mind.

I have almost full bottles of Menzerna Intensive Polish and Menzerna Final Polish II, sitting in my basement and I dont want to switch away from them before using them up since that is $50 of product....... I love how they work but I just want a wax or sealant step after those two polishes.......

I hear Klasse All-in-one is good followed by the 2nd sealant product after.........but klasse AIO takes the place of the polishers I think and i dont want to waste what I already have..........my other option is Menzerna Full Molecular Jacket sealant and that one bottle costs as much as the two Klasse products, $50.

Is there a Zaino product that I can use as a stand-alone after I use the Menzerna Polishes? Possibly Z-1, followed by Z-2, Can I use my PC with the Zaino products? and im running out of time, the weather is gonna be too cold to wax soon!!!

So what im looking for is a good sealant choice after the use of Menzerna polishes.

Thanks

soonercivic 11-07-2005 01:59 PM

Zaino is an excellent product but there is nothing wrong with NXT. In tests NXT is the most durable wax that Meguiars makes. All wax requires upkeep whether its zaino or nxt. Like ive said before i use a carnuba wax during the winter for personal preference and the difficulty to regularly wash the car when its 20 degrees outside. And yes you can apply any wax or polish with the PC provided you have the right pads.

dacali 11-12-2005 12:55 AM

I actually replied with some other suggestions in one of your other posts about winterizing your car.

Klasse AIO is actually only a chemical cleaner with an acrylic sealant. Those two Menzerna "Polishes" are actually mechanical abrasives. They actually remove the scratches in your paint. Klasse AIO will only serve to help clean the paint and hide (not remove) light scratches (only for about a day or so). AIO serves as a good base for many other products though.

In summary, Menzerna "Polishes" and Klasse AIO serves two different purposes.

-Dacali

jerseydetailer 12-02-2005 08:38 PM

it depends how much you are willing to spend...its obvious by your product choices you are well informed and like the higher end detailing brands/products...as for synthetic sealants, aio is really a cleaner, wont do to much for for removing moderate to severe swirls....it is used as base for klasse sg (sealant glaze) which can be layered...zaino is good but very$$$$....if you want try poorboys line of sealants...moderately priced and provide excellent results .....either ex sealant or ex-p will serve your needs..
**edit** also 4 star make a pretty popular sealant upp or pupp (platinum ulimate paint protection) which i have never used or you can go Clearkote and their new product red machine glaze (rmg) which i havent used either.....give the poorboys a try..i prefer ex-p :)