Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   Fingerprints on the chrome in your headlights!? What you should do to get them off! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/22853-fingerprints-chrome-your-headlights-what-you-should-do-get-them-off.html)

PureWhite 02-04-2002 03:01 PM

Fingerprints on the chrome in your headlights!? What you should do to get them off!

I just bought me 2002 Civic EX and the first thing I wanted to do was clear the headlights, as many of you have already done. The problem is that the chrome piece is a ***** to get out. I bought some plastic gloves and that didn't work. I tried wiping them off, but as you know that only made it worse. Well here's how to clean the chrome. I tried this on mine and the chrome came out better than new. For those of you who already know this it's nothing new but I had asked everyone and everyone I talked to said that there's nothing you can do about it; wrong. Go to you local auto store or hardware store and pick up some Acetone, that's right, nail polish remover(the ladies should know that),but I recommend pure Acetone. For about $2 you can get more than enough. Take a paper tower, preferably Viva, they're the softest in my opinion, and put some Acetone on it and wipe the chrome. Don't worry about scratches. Try going a specific direction on the chrome because that will prevent streaks. The fingerprints will wipe right off. You can even use it on the plastic. For those off you who already sealed the headlights, sorry, but I just recently figured this out. For those off you who already knew about this, and didn't share it with the rest of us, thanks for nothing. I hope I have been of some help for the people who haven't cleared their headlights yet but who are thinking about it. I recommend posting this in the steps section.

RexWatson 02-04-2002 07:56 PM

This kit is based on the electrophoretic mobility shift of RNA after the formation of RNA-protein complexes. The kit allows the user to establish RNA mobility shift conditions using the well characterised interaction between human iron regulatory protein-1 (IRP-1) and the iron-responsive element (IRE) from the human ferritin mRNA as a positive control.
IRP-1 is an RNA-binding protein that regulates the expression of several mRNAs in response to the level of cellular iron. When cellular iron levels are high, the affinity of IRP-1 for IREs decreases. This iron-dependent activity has been reconstituted in vitro. IRP-1 exists as a 4Fe-4S protein, when it is incubated in the presence of iron and a sulphydryl reducing agent. Only the apoprotein can bind to the IREs. The formation of the 4Fe-4S cluster blocks RNA binding in the presence of iron.
The three cysteines present in the molecule of IRP-1 can form disulfide bridges, which also block RNA binding. Hence the RNA binding activity is most effective after the addition of reducing agents to the apoprotein.
Thus the binding of IRP-1 to IRE is displayed in the absence of iron in the reducing milieu.
The RNA gel shift kit contains active recombinant human IRP-1 (99kDa) with a N-terminal (His)6 tag, a control template pTZ19-IRE/EcoRI containing the IRE sequence, and the reagents necessary to generate [32P] or [33P] labelled RNA probes by in vitro transcription using T7 RNA Polymerase. After in vitro transcription of the DNA containing the sequence of interest, the labelled RNA probe is incubated with the desired protein. The resultant RNA-protein complexes are then resolved on a non-denaturing acrylamide gel and visualised by autoradiography. As a positive gel shift control, IRP-1 is added to [32P] or [33P] labelled IRE RNA probe (59 nucleotides) produced from pTZ19-IRE linearised with EcoRI by in vitro transcription with T7 RNA Polymerase. The pTZ19R DNA is also provided to permit the optional cloning of sequences to be analysed by gel shift assay. By using this vector it is possible to analyse any test sequence using the same plasmid backbone as the positive control pTZ19-IRE template.

speedracersong 02-04-2002 08:34 PM

ok...

Diznavis 02-06-2002 06:46 AM

<< This kit is based on the electrophoretic mobility shift of RNA after the formation of RNA-protein complexes. The kit allows the user to establish RNA mobility shift conditions using the well characterised interaction between human iron regulatory protein-1 (IRP-1) and the iron-responsive element (IRE) from the human ferritin mRNA as a positive control.
IRP-1 is an RNA-binding protein that regulates the expression of several mRNAs in response to the level of cellular iron. When cellular iron levels are high, the affinity of IRP-1 for IREs decreases. This iron-dependent activity has been reconstituted in vitro. IRP-1 exists as a 4Fe-4S protein, when it is incubated in the presence of iron and a sulphydryl reducing agent. Only the apoprotein can bind to the IREs. The formation of the 4Fe-4S cluster blocks RNA binding in the presence of iron.
The three cysteines present in the molecule of IRP-1 can form disulfide bridges, which also block RNA binding. Hence the RNA binding activity is most effective after the addition of reducing agents to the apoprotein.
Thus the binding of IRP-1 to IRE is displayed in the absence of iron in the reducing milieu.
The RNA gel shift kit contains active recombinant human IRP-1 (99kDa) with a N-terminal (His)6 tag, a control template pTZ19-IRE/EcoRI containing the IRE sequence, and the reagents necessary to generate [32P] or [33P] labelled RNA probes by in vitro transcription using T7 RNA Polymerase. After in vitro transcription of the DNA containing the sequence of interest, the labelled RNA probe is incubated with the desired protein. The resultant RNA-protein complexes are then resolved on a non-denaturing acrylamide gel and visualised by autoradiography. As a positive gel shift control, IRP-1 is added to [32P] or [33P] labelled IRE RNA probe (59 nucleotides) produced from pTZ19-IRE linearised with EcoRI by in vitro transcription with T7 RNA Polymerase. The pTZ19R DNA is also provided to permit the optional cloning of sequences to be analysed by gel shift assay. By using this vector it is possible to analyse any test sequence using the same plasmid backbone as the positive control pTZ19-IRE template.
>>

you just confused the hell out of me[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

01civicboi 02-06-2002 12:08 PM

WTF are you talkin about?[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

RRCivic01 02-06-2002 12:14 PM

I cleared my headlight out and I couldn't get the fingerprints 100% off. I would try to get them off now with Acetone but as you said the chrome is a ***** to get out. Thanks. Maybe next time...

SoNiCcIvIc 02-07-2002 04:59 AM

<< This kit is based on the electrophoretic mobility shift of RNA after the formation of RNA-protein complexes. The kit allows the user to establish RNA mobility shift conditions using the well characterised interaction between human iron regulatory protein-1 (IRP-1) and the iron-responsive element (IRE) from the human ferritin mRNA as a positive control.
>>

Holy sh't! Dude, you're coming to school with me!

speedracersong 02-07-2002 05:23 PM

i dont think u should rub on the chrome cause the chrome comes off. just use a exacto knife to pick at it carefully. or u mite mess it up and u cant fix it unless u buy replacements

TeamStylesRacing 02-07-2002 10:52 PM

just dont let your friend clear your headlights for you, he might leave it in the oven too long and melt your projectors....:susp::susp:
(cough cough, speedracersong)

Voiceofid 02-08-2002 10:43 PM

i used rubbing alcohol, worked fine[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/IMG]

Nes06 02-20-2002 04:11 PM

This kit is based on the electrophoretic mobility shift of RNA after the formation of RNA-protein complexes. The kit allows the user to establish RNA mobility shift conditions using the well characterised interaction between human iron regulatory protein-1 (IRP-1) and the iron-responsive element (IRE) from the human ferritin mRNA as a positive control.

are u on the right thread man...............wtf is this[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG].........try in english next time

Diznavis 02-21-2002 12:45 PM

acetone/nail polish remover will get the black stuff off too if you got any on your chrome, but you have to scrape it down to a thin layer first (or at least you do if you use nail polish remover like i did)