Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   using nail polish as touch up paint. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/197679-using-nail-polish-touch-up-paint.html)

auratika 02-15-2005 03:52 PM

using nail polish as touch up paint.

would it be ok to use black nail polish as touch up paint on the bumper, i get these little marks resulted from parking in the streets. people really NEED to know how to park and when a space is NOT long enough..

PunkingCivic 02-15-2005 03:54 PM

just go buy matching touch up paint from th dealer or auto store.

auratika 02-15-2005 03:57 PM

ok, i guess i'll drop by pepboys this weekend to pick some up.

does anyone else that park in the streets have this problem or is it my neighborhood.?.. damn

kismylx 02-15-2005 06:32 PM

get the touch up paint marker you can find it on ebay the touch paint bottle is pretty tough to use the marker is alot easier to use. I know how you feel when parking on the streets when other people park to close try parking in front of a house where there is a driveway so no one can park in front or behnd you. :)

GuliziaN 02-15-2005 07:03 PM

^ That sucks... :tdown:

I feel so nervous going into the school parking lot... People are always ****ing running into eachother... I stay a while after school to let the loons get out... when I don't have to stay for sports... :tdown:

auratika 02-16-2005 01:20 AM

my neighborhood doesnt even have driveways, all street parking, sometimes when i come home late, i cant even find parking within a 7 block radius, i'll have to drive a few blocks down where people have garages.

btw kismylx, which paint should i look for on ebay, i searched but hundreds came up and i dont know which one to go with. i think the fastest way is to go to pepboys this weekend or something.

what part of NY are you from?

D17thgen 02-16-2005 01:27 AM

open your door and their should be a paint code to show what your factory color needs. not sure if its on driver or passenger *havent had my car for weeks, sry*

auratika 02-16-2005 01:37 AM

^^thanks

what happens if people are still careless, i mean the touch up paint aint gonna do jack if thats the case, now i know why people get their bumpers painted every year.. i dont wanna put on that ugly corner guard things as well

danase 02-16-2005 07:29 AM

Yeah man, nail polish won't last. You ever see a girls nail polish last more than a week? ;)

kismylx 02-16-2005 09:11 AM

i'm also from queens ny south richmond hill area. Yeah try getting the paint market touch up i used it for rock chips and had a small scratch but it works well for me. if your bumper is really bad then i guess your right you probably have to repaint it once a year

Originally Posted by auratika
my neighborhood doesnt even have driveways, all street parking, sometimes when i come home late, i cant even find parking within a 7 block radius, i'll have to drive a few blocks down where people have garages.

btw kismylx, which paint should i look for on ebay, i searched but hundreds came up and i dont know which one to go with. i think the fastest way is to go to pepboys this weekend or something.

what part of NY are you from?

rckdrmr 02-16-2005 02:23 PM

www.autovisuals.com

www.paintscratch.com

againifall 02-16-2005 03:38 PM

dood its like $5 from the dealer... just take 10 minutes out of yer day and swing by yer local dealer... they are even open on the weekends.. you said black.. same as mine.. i think the code is b92p or something like that..

auratika 02-16-2005 06:26 PM

for real, its only 5 from the dealer, i looked on ebay and its 15 for the acura/honda one with the paint on one side and the clear coat on the other. i guess i'll get it at the dealer. Is nighthawk black the only black color honda uses?

btw, its mostly the other guys paint on my bumper, i can rub/scratch it off most of it with my hands.