Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   We @ Honda are offering a new optional detail process. (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/186538-we-honda-offering-new-optional-detail-process.html)

GrayGhost 12-07-2004 09:49 AM

We @ Honda are offering a new optional detail process.

At the Honda dealership I work at, we are offering a new detail for customers. This detailing process has a 5 year warranty, and consists of a special wash that strips the paint of contaminants and preps the surface of the car for the 2 step paint protectant. This paint protectant gives an excellent shine that continues to cure up to 48 hours after application, and contains Teflon, which does not allow contaminants to stick to the paint to damage it.

It also contains a special fabric protectant by Du Pont that helps prevent stains from ruining your interior, as well as a leather cleaner and lotion that protects the leather from drying out and staining.

You can only get this at an authorized dealership. At the dealership I work at it is offered for $399.

SIMONIZE SYSTEM 5 (watch the demo in this link as well)

bobbyd 12-07-2004 09:55 AM

You know that even Dupont has said that Teflon in wax does NOTHING right? That is just a gimmik and most all dealerships offer the magical "Teflon" coating with prices ranging from $300-$400. Teflon will not last long unless is is baked on at a high temperature. It may add slickness for a bit but that is about all. The 48 hour cure time is nothing spectacular cause most waxes and sealants need anywhere from 2-4 days to totally cure properly. These dealer "details" are nothing more than a waste of the customers money. If you want, do a search over at www.detailcity.com or www.autopia.org and you will find MANY a threads on Teflon.

Wolfgang5884 12-07-2004 10:24 AM

just another way to screw people out of money...I quess

rckdrmr 12-07-2004 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by bobbyd
just a gimmik

w3rd. :-bs:

CivicsRdBest 12-07-2004 08:38 PM

wow... a dealer gimmick. I know many a sucker that would like that. I'm tempted, but I don't have the cash.

ffokuf 12-08-2004 08:20 AM

Wow, so does your dealership bake this Teflon coating on the car at 1400 degrees? Well, if the answer is no than your dealership is a loser. Well, and so are the idiots who are conned into believeing that their car is protected for 5 years and give you the money i suppose.

bobbyd 12-08-2004 08:49 AM

At least others see the con in this. I hate when the dealers charge people this kind of money for crap. I mean, I see why they do it. Because morons, or just people who don't know better, end up taking the dealerships word for it and let them do it thinking it is really doing a lot. It's like the saying about the fool and his money. And, as many dealer "detail" jobs I have seen swirled to Hell I would not let the dealer near my car with any sort of buffing wheel. So they pay for the $400 detail and then have to take it to a professional detailer to get the swirls out. LOL

streetglower 12-11-2004 07:54 AM

$399 for a detail job, what a bunch of shit. I work at mercedes benz and there detail center charges $169 for a complete detail. And they do jobs on luxury cars. But $400 for a civic is really saying that honda is needing to make money fast.

mexinaction 12-11-2004 01:58 PM

dat is definately a con

i would rather take it to somwhere else than to a dealership, dealerships always manage to **** up something

ty.barrack 12-17-2004 07:06 PM

I bought that teflon coating way back in 1993 when I bought a new truck, they said it was the best thing in the world, It made my paint look kind of fudgy, not really high gloss like waxes, within about a month or two I couldn't handle it, i had to paste wax the car probably negating the teflon all together, even if it works its for lazy people, most of the 7th geners in here appear to like to work with their cars, customize them, and wash and wax them, don't go teflon, you'll be sorry.

astigmatik 02-14-2005 10:00 AM

i chose this option and it is five detailing sessions over five years included in that price. i think its good for the decontamination (clay bar) part only. the protection part is better with regular wazing.

jpeg420 02-14-2005 01:11 PM

I like washing and waxing my own car, I get to everything just the way I like it. It also makes me feel good knowing that my car is shiny and clean because I washed and waxed and not someone else. :D

2K1Civic17"Gabe 02-15-2005 04:33 PM

astigmatik - Go buy a claybar for 15 bucks at any auto parts store near you. Comes with the lube as well, and comes out nice and smooooooth. I think its time for me to go get one. Im gonna do that today. Pimp.

Wash your car (I use car soap w/carnauba wax) with CAR SOAP ONLY! If you need to get wax off, you can use other household soaps. Do the claybar, followed by NuFinish (the once a year polish), than the best Meguiars you can find. Will be soooooo shiny. Much cheaper and nicer than paying up to 300. Ive paid 100 for handwash/wax. This was over a year ago, and ever since I have not paid somebody to wash my car. They leave water spots on rims, the wax looks like crap (cant even tell its on), and the stuff they use on tires flies up fast making my car dirty in 2 minutes.

I hate carwashes and paying people to do it when i can for so much cheaper.

astigmatik 02-15-2005 05:09 PM

its too cold to wash & clay bar it here myself. $400 for five treatments (hand wash, claybar and machine waxing) is not that bad. it takes them 3 hours each time and i do it every winter.

RockinEZ 06-17-2011 10:28 PM

Re: We @ Honda are offering a new optional detail process.

I believe the “rip off” thing depends on how much you pay for a Teflon job.
Never spend $500 at a dealer if the local car wash will do the same job for $60.

I have found the Teflon treatment applied at the car wash is less expensive than wax. I have my car treated with a Teflon treatment twice a year for a total of $120/ yr.
A wax job is $40 but requires 4 treatments per year for a total of $160/year.

The Teflon treatment looks great and lasts longer.

Do not pay $500 at the dealer. Pay $60 at the car wash using the same product.
My 2˘