Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   Water spots from a sprinkler. HELP! (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/177999-water-spots-sprinkler-help.html)

Rufus 10-12-2004 08:01 PM

Water spots from a sprinkler. HELP!

Hey everyone, my ex has an 02 civic and where she parks, the damn sprinkler ALWAYS sprays her car. The problem is that it looks like the water spots have become permanent. I'm not sure if it's calcium deposits in the water or what, but I know here in AZ we have hard water. The car has been washed numerous times and the spots don't go away. Any suggestions?

bigainabuilt 10-12-2004 08:47 PM

try a good claying then wax

VietScouty 10-12-2004 09:43 PM

How long did ur ex left tha car like that with tha spots on?

gearbox 10-12-2004 09:45 PM

meguiar's clear coat body scrub

bobbyd 10-13-2004 07:02 AM

Find a good medium to light abrasive polish and polish them out and then top with a good sealant. If you always park there and it always happens there is really nothing you can do about it cause they will come back unles you put a water filter on your sprinkler system.

FALKEN 10-13-2004 09:54 AM

she needs to 4-step it...

1. wash it
2. paint cleaner
3. paint polish
4. carnuba wax

bobbyd 10-13-2004 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by FALKEN
she needs to 4-step it...

1. wash it
2. paint cleaner
3. paint polish
4. carnuba wax

A good sealant might be better than a carnuba wax also. Or maybe a carnuba with a sealant topper.

Rufus 10-13-2004 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by bobbyd
If you always park there and it always happens there is really nothing you can do about it cause they will come back unles you put a water filter on your sprinkler system.

Very true.

MeguiarsEM 10-18-2004 01:02 PM

A few applications of Medallion paint cleaner should take care of them by hand. If not you're looking at something that needs to be taken care of with a machine, Dual Action buffer or Rotary with a light cleaner. Perhaps #83 Dual Action Cleaner/Polish with a foam cutting pad. Then finish it off with a polymer based wax.

Originally Posted by Rufus
Hey everyone, my ex has an 02 civic and where she parks, the damn sprinkler ALWAYS sprays her car. The problem is that it looks like the water spots have become permanent. I'm not sure if it's calcium deposits in the water or what, but I know here in AZ we have hard water. The car has been washed numerous times and the spots don't go away. Any suggestions?

alienmeatsack 10-18-2004 02:13 PM

Noone mentioned using a claybar. WHich is wha I use on nasty water spots with good luck.

bobbyd 10-18-2004 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by alienmeatsack
Noone mentioned using a claybar. WHich is wha I use on nasty water spots with good luck.

The very first reply said clay bar. :P

MeguiarsEM 10-18-2004 04:19 PM

Using a claybar is a good start it will remove all the bonded minerals the water left behind, but sometimes not needed.

Originally Posted by bobbyd
The very first reply said clay bar. :P