Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   Wolfgang or NXT?? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/166845-wolfgang-nxt.html)

Silversleeper 08-03-2004 03:14 PM

Wolfgang or NXT??

I am stuck between these two brands. Can anyone help me out?

My main concerns are quality, longetivity, and overal shine (you kno, that deep glassy look that we all wish to acheive).
Does anyone have any experience with these systems?

zen_master 08-03-2004 03:22 PM

wolfgang?

how about Zymol?

bobbyd 08-03-2004 03:34 PM

Just curious as to why you are stuck on just those two products?

jonw440 08-03-2004 08:17 PM

I haven't tried NXT, but I did get the WG kit. It came with the car wash shampoo. (SUDS GALORE)., Paint cleaner, Paint selent, Two applicators, and two Buffing towels. The soap is so soapy it's Actually a pain to rinse it all out of my Sheepskin mitt.
The paint cleaner went on very easy, ( I used a PC to apply) It wiped off very easy. The paint sealant went on by hand. Went on super easy. I did the whole car then went back and wiped it off. It was shinny, slick, and looked great. BUT my Wife said she liked the look of Klasse AIO +SG better. (This was after Clay, Menzerna Intense Polish, then Menzerna Final Polish2, then WG cleaner then WG sealant. :evil:
Now after two months, later the car still shines but has lost all slickness. I just used 1Z Quick Detail today and that brought the slickness back. I like WolfGang, but I LOVE Klasse. I know I'm no help to you on choosing which one. Get Both!! Do one side WG the other NXT!! Thats what I did with P21S and Meguiars #16.

rckdrmr 08-06-2004 03:09 AM

i'm happy with nxt

Silversleeper 08-09-2004 10:50 AM

I have just read a lot of reviews about both and still was stuck, so I was hoping someone here would have more insight. I ended up picking up some NXT and am very happy with it. But, I have not compared it to any other since this was the first wax my car received. I hear great things about Klasse on Autopia. I think, when I run out of NXT, I will switch over to that.
jonw440, I would like to see some pictures of both waxes, on a silver car preferrably. That is if you have any of course.

jonw440 08-09-2004 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Silversleeper
I have just read a lot of reviews about both and still was stuck, so I was hoping someone here would have more insight. I ended up picking up some NXT and am very happy with it. But, I have not compared it to any other since this was the first wax my car received. I hear great things about Klasse on Autopia. I think, when I run out of NXT, I will switch over to that.
jonw440, I would like to see some pictures of both waxes, on a silver car preferrably. That is if you have any of course.

It just so happens I am about to polish "everything" off this afternoon.and starting from scratch I was planning on reapplying Klasse only but.... I can do one half of the hood with WG and Klasse for you.
Will post pictures tonight.

Silversleeper 08-09-2004 03:04 PM

Thanks a million! I would really appreciate that. :)

jonw440 08-09-2004 06:52 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I polished the entire truck using my PC with 1Z Paint Polish, using Orange Pad, then used Menzerna Final Polish2 with a white PC pad. So both products (Klasse and Wolfgang have the same polishing to keep thing equal)
The first two are the Klasse All in one and Klasse High Gloss selant.(Both products on truck in both pictures) It started to get dark out so the pictures arent that great.
Here are two pics of Klasse

The 2nd set are the wolfgang paint cleaner then Paint sealant(Both pictures are with the paint cleaner thenSelant on top of the cleaner.)
The Klasse looks so much "wetter" Plus this is only one layer of Klasse. Once you get at least 4 coats of Sealant Glaze on it is almost TOO Shiny looking!
I tried layering the Wolfgang when I got it in May but didnt notice a differance in shinyness.
The Klasse was put on the Driver's side. The Wolfgang on Passanger side.

Silversleeper 08-09-2004 11:06 PM

They both look equally good. It takes a sharp eye to really be able to see the difference. The pictures I am assuming arent doing enough justice. I do like the ability to layer Klasse. I think that will be my next setup. Thanks for the pics and info.

jonw440 08-10-2004 04:16 AM

Sorry for the bad pictures. Never said I was a photographer. :_doh:
I think you will really like the Klasse!
Jon

Silversleeper 08-10-2004 10:57 AM

Since I have NXT right now, I was wondering if its layerable?

I did recently apply another coat on my carbon fiber hood and noticed it did get a bit richer and shinier, but am not sure if it truly is working.