Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   Why doesnt honda dry the cars after they wash them? (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/163588-why-doesnt-honda-dry-cars-after-they-wash-them.html)

Blue_Honda_Civ 07-14-2004 08:14 AM

Why doesnt honda dry the cars after they wash them?

Every time i go for a service at honda they always wash my car and dont dry it why is that. And I washed and waxed my car the day before i brought it in for a service it was very shinny and clean, i didnt know that it was going in for service until my mother told me that day. So my mom brought it to honda and they washed it after it was very very shinny. My mother brought it back and it was a lot dirtier than it started out that day as.

bobbyd 07-14-2004 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Blue_Honda_Civ
Every time i go for a service at honda they always wash my car and dont dry it why is that. And I washed and waxed my car the day before i brought it in for a service it was very shinny and clean, i didnt know that it was going in for service until my mother told me that day. So my mom brought it to honda and they washed it after it was very very shinny. My mother brought it back and it was a lot dirtier than it started out that day as.

The real question should be...WHY ARE YOU LETTING THE DEALER WASH YOUR CAR?!?!?! If I ever have to take my car in I tell them NOT to wash it.

Master 07-14-2004 11:06 AM

I never have your problem my dealership actually will wax for me every once in awhile. Maybe you just have a crappy dealership.

rckdrmr 07-14-2004 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by bobbyd
The real question should be...WHY ARE YOU LETTING THE DEALER WASH YOUR CAR?!?!?! If I ever have to take my car in I tell them NOT to wash it.

exactly! after seeing them dry a 04' accord with a DIRTY chamois (i was getting an oil change and observed them outside, prepping a car for a new customer) i'll NEVER have them wash my car ever. not to mention... they use the same rags on who knows how many cars. :mad:

khany2002 07-14-2004 04:32 PM

I doubt that everyone has the same exacting standards as you... many soccer mommies and such will just notice the car when it doesn't start... so a shine which you can see your own reflection in, isn't their concern, so the dealership doesn't do that... furthermore, the Honda dealership people I suspect don't get paid too much for what they're doing, so the incentive to do a really good job just isn't there, since most people dont' care, wouldn't compliment their work, and they don't get paid too much.

khany2002 07-14-2004 04:34 PM

Oh... and, sorry for the double post... but, others are right... I've seen so many horrible ways the dealerships wash cars... they've dropped a chamois on the ground, then proceeded to pick it up, and not even brush it off, and keep cleaning the car... they wouldn't EVER wash my parents car if we sent it in...

2k2EXCOUPE 07-14-2004 05:11 PM

You know why? Because they just run it thru a drive thru car wash they have in the back- least thats what my Honda dealer does...

But I always ask them NOT to wash my car...I ask them not to touch it- I dont ever take my car in- Id rather fix it myself :-\

flipBloodracer 07-14-2004 05:42 PM

just going through those car wash machine can cause scratch on our cars...i prefer washing my car by myself. in that way i can really remove dirts sticking to my car...then buff it by myself...i advice you not to let the dealership wash your car...

Jas88 07-18-2004 09:48 PM

The Honda Dealer washes the car without drying because they dont need to dry it. They use that super purified water stuff, it dosent leave any spots, it should most of the time dry clear. Most dealerships wipe the car down with a wet shammie, not sure why your dealership didnt.

ffokuf 07-19-2004 01:24 PM

They just run your car through a car wash machine that uses these big brushes and will do a good job of scratching your car if the brushes have any debris in them. I used to work as a detailer for Honda....They drive in and back out and go park the car. A free car wash from them is not a real "car wash" as you would wash your own. And not all dealers have bad detailing departments that will drop chamois and dry your car with a dirty rag :)

ImPulse 07-19-2004 05:02 PM

honda dealership is... well, a dealership, not a car wash place.

bradfordtheguy 07-20-2004 11:34 PM

okay, granted, the honda guys can't wash cars to save their lives, but man, they use some great 'armor-all' type liquid on the tires....that's the only reason i let em wash the car. my tires will stay black and shiney for weeks with their stuff...

MIAMIVTEC 08-05-2004 01:12 AM

they wash ur CAR?! :_doh: sux to be me LOL>>>they only drive mine around the block and play with all the buttons in mine.... :shrug:

MIAMIVTEC 08-05-2004 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by bradfordtheguy
okay, granted, the honda guys can't wash cars to save their lives, but man, they use some great 'armor-all' type liquid on the tires....that's the only reason i let em wash the car. my tires will stay black and shiney for weeks with their stuff...

they use armor all? ...man, im calling my service dept first thing tomarrow :argue:

MIAMIVTEC 08-05-2004 01:15 AM

i heard the s2000 owners were the ones that got the car wash...

bobbyd 08-05-2004 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by MIAMIVTEC
i heard the s2000 owners were the ones that got the car wash...

Huh? My dealer washes everyones that comes in for anything. Oil changes to overhauls. I have to remember to tell them not to wash it.

NoLeadEmSoMuch 08-05-2004 08:58 AM

my dealer has a contract with the place I used to detail for - all the used cars from all their brand lines (my Honda place is also Ford, Merc, Lincoln, and Jeep) and all their new car preps go there. I also used to do new car prep. The brushes aren't the best way to wash a car, but also with my car being silver, it'll take years for me to see any swirls or anything.

davidoff1 08-05-2004 03:50 PM

they use mr. clean auto dry