Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   Experts: How can I get my car to REALLY SHINE? (Tan/Metallic Color) ~ Pic Inside (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/149944-experts-how-can-i-get-my-car-really-shine-tan-metallic-color-pic-inside.html)

ImPulse 04-14-2004 08:19 PM

Experts: How can I get my car to REALLY SHINE? (Tan/Metallic Color) ~ Pic Inside

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, I took pics of my car washed... What i used was Meguiars Car shampoo? Then, Used Mothers clay bar, and Mother wax.

Here are pics of my car after.

ImPulse 04-14-2004 08:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
2nd

ImPulse 04-14-2004 08:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I know civicdude is gonna yell at me :x YES, I know my cars color isnt exactly the type to "shine" like a red or blue car... But, There should still be a way for it to shine more than what i have now... Like this...

ImPulse 04-14-2004 08:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What detailing stuff do I need to use?

And in what steps...

heres another pic...

I heard that Meguiars NXT is good... But, I want a glossy shinny look like these images... what exactly do I need? and what do I have to do to get it like this.

guamcivic2k1 04-14-2004 08:36 PM

ooooh shiinyyyyy

MeguiarsEM 04-15-2004 10:36 AM

Well your car looked pretty good to start. Light colored cars tend to be more difficult to look glossy. So it's gonna be a challenge.Try to get some close ups of your paint. Perhaps having to sun hitting it. Do you have swirl marks? Basically polishes ia what makes your car glossy and give it wet look. The lights also helps the paint look wet, but it also brings out the swirls and cobwebs. So if you want a showcar shine your gonna have to work on it. First of wash your car, clay it, use a clearcoat paint cleaner, polish, then finish it off with some of Meguairs NXT Tech wax. Thats stuff works great. I love it. Polish I use the most is Meguiars showcar glaze.

civicdude 04-17-2004 12:40 AM

Impulse, I already told you what I though. Im not going to yell at you for posting this, but I will give you some advice. If you want to get a really glossy shine, the secret is to use GLAZE. The reason that show car civic is so glossy is for two reasons, one the car is prolly basted in glaze, and the lights inside the stadium make the car really glossy.

The color civic you have, just like my old silver civic will never be glossy. It will be clean and the paint can be smooth, but it will never be glossy.

If you want the car to shine, Use a really good glaze, Like 3M, and a quality wax at least twice a month. Other than that, I dont know what to tell you.

ImPulse 04-17-2004 08:22 AM

I got my car shinny... lol, ask Jay.

jedi 04-17-2004 10:30 PM

Hey ImPulse,
Shoreline Mist Met. gota luv it :)
It`s sparkles , & from your pic`s it looks Mighty Fine !!
Good taste in your color choice , I got that color too , and a Coupe realy is the only way to go !! IMHO
O-gezz now I`m gona get bashed by all you 4 door / 4 bangers LOL :_doh:
:D

KeNsHiN 04-23-2004 08:19 PM

^"O-gezz now I`m gona get bashed by all you 4 door / 4 bangers LOL"

we're all 4 bangers.............

abmerop18 04-28-2004 04:56 PM

what kind of glaze do you use? i could use some good shine in my SSM vic too.