Honda Civic Forum

Honda Civic Forum (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/)
-   Detailing (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing)
-   -   argh...my black civic hit the garage door wall (white) (https://www.civicforums.com/forums/35-detailing/118828-argh-my-black-civic-hit-garage-door-wall-white.html)

angjc3 10-08-2003 08:44 AM

argh...my black civic hit the garage door wall (white)

argh...this sucks...hehe I havent been on here for a while
but I have to ask a question...

I was backing out of my garage and I have to angle (because I live on a hilly driveway)
so when I was angling out of my garage, I got too close to the garage frame (white)
and the corner front bumper slightly rubbed againsted it

now I have a streak of white paint on my front bumper....
I was trying to rub some of it off with my hand
but it seems to be "on there"

does anyone know how to get the "house paint" off my civic???

skipbarber 10-08-2003 09:09 AM

try removing it with goo gone and then buff it to hell with a good wax.

BlackIce 10-08-2003 09:23 AM

Since you have a NBP civic, I heard one of the members on here used a sharpie on his civic when he did about the same thing, he had a NBP civic though. Aparently it is un noticable. Not saying to do it, just remember someone talking about doing it once.

civic-king 10-08-2003 10:35 AM

use a hevy duty rubbing compound, like "turttle wax" or "mothers"
you can get it at NAPA, or checker, or auto zone, or any other parts house. it is designed to remove anything ABOVE the clear-coat, meaning if you didn't scratch it too deep, you will not notice it.

i did this flipping a bitch on a back road; i was all mad and not paying attention and hit a green road reflector. :_doh: my car is titianum, (silverish, brownish, pink) so it left a bunch of green paint on my bumper. i was pissed!! :evil: :hithead:

when i got to work, i used rubbing compound on it, and it dissappered!! :_bow:
thank you turtle wax!!

Da1lyDr1ver 10-08-2003 10:39 AM

um... try to clay bar it?? maybe that'll work

alienmeatsack 10-08-2003 10:44 AM

I second the claybar, with a nice soapy solution to lube it. I got some paint off mine that was from a doording that way.

my04wrx 10-08-2003 10:45 AM

happened to me in my cars previous to the civic (92 legacy wagon). just dump some turpentine on it. no your body paint wont come off if you arent retarded about it. yes the white paint will just rub away.

blue87 10-08-2003 10:51 AM

The right application is hard to tell. YOu must post up a pic of how badly your bumber looks like.

invidious 10-08-2003 11:02 AM

might be a basic question.. but can someone explain how a claybar works? rubs off clear coat?

i have tooooo many scratches on my car.. im wondering if its a lost cause or if i should just go try to have it re-painted. maybe just re-paint a portion.. who knows.. any help would be good.

curbsquirrel 10-08-2003 11:23 AM

try using Maguire's ScratchX. someone lightly hit my bumper and i had some scratches that were soooo noticable on a white car...this got rid of 90% of them

civicdude 10-08-2003 11:36 AM

moving to detailing forum

alienmeatsack 10-08-2003 03:26 PM

Originally posted by invidious
might be a basic question.. but can someone explain how a claybar works? rubs off clear coat?
Well, essentially, its a hunk of what looks like clay. You lube the surface with a mix of car wash and water (i use dish soap because its great for oil and grease) and then rub the clay bar over the surface that has stuff on it. it will 'catch' as you pass ovre the dirty/bugs/paint/whatever and it sticks to it and pulls it off the surface. when its removed, the surface will feel slick and you will feel no resistance to your rubbing.

then wash the car and bam.

it kicks buttocks for removing tar and bugs and stuff too.